IGNORED

Auditor - Creature Feature

Auditor

DHHkrpgXYAIjsdG.jpg

My first album is out on Shut_Ins. These tunes span many years of production, some are from a soundtrack to a horror film that was never completed. It's pretty varied, would love to hear any thoughts. 

Some of my favourites...

Freeze3 is great sound design, really like it.

Blast Taxi reminds me of Bond being chased in the jungle in Octopussy.

Shin Games is again different but a very cool listen, more of a lo-fi hip hop vibe.

I know it's lazy of me but Refill Schedule sounds a lot like BOC although I'm sure that's not an accident :)

Concrete flowers actually reminds me a bit of Queens of the Stone Age without the rock n roll. Weird desert vibe.

Slak has some cool cosmic sounds.  

Regal Senpai is another one with some cool sound design and l like how the track grows. 

Thanks for the thoughts, Alan!. It's cool to hear that some tracks inspired visual comparisons since many of them were originally going to be for a film. 

And yes, Refill Schedule blatantly flaunts it's inspiration

Finally listening to this now, and I love the way you bring in the guitar licks over smatterings of percussion and warped synth pads. Especially on tracks like Oddtime, which might be my favorite so far. Some gorgeous stuff on here, and some quite unsettling tracks too. Good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I adore Oddtime, it's amazing. This is a good album, super weird, which is good. I kept wondering what your influences are/were as I listened the first time - it's an album which is really diverse in sound, but also has a good running theme to it. Does Refill Schedule sample the Children Talking documentary?

I adore Oddtime, it's amazing. This is a good album, super weird, which is good. I kept wondering what your influences are/were as I listened the first time - it's an album which is really diverse in sound, but also has a good running theme to it. Does Refill Schedule sample the Children Talking documentary?

Thank you for listening and commenting, it means a lot!

Most of the tunes on this were made a long time ago, some before I was really doing much electronic music. Influences at the time were lots of film scores, medieval modal music, and garage psych. I think I did sample from that doc!

Cheers!

Really good stuff, i really like the way you utilize guitar sounds on a few tracks. The guitar fits perfectly and adds some real natural warmth. I agree with many of the other posters who said Oddity was a favorite, that one definitely stands out. The unsettling warping voices over the beautiful melody and driving beat really does the trick for me! Good amount of variety too. Great stuff! 

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm just getting started on this but your percussion production is beautiful. The way it interplays with the higher frequency textures in a lot of tracks (like Regal Senpai) is really something to behold. I'm so impressed and inspired by this, thank you for putting it out. From first impression, you seem to have this way of working with ethereal sounds and putting it to razor sharp timing and unexpected melodies.

I'd really like to know about your path, have you gone to school for music?

Wow, I'm just getting started on this but your percussion production is beautiful. The way it interplays with the higher frequency textures in a lot of tracks (like Regal Senpai) is really something to behold. I'm so impressed and inspired by this, thank you for putting it out. From first impression, you seem to have this way of working with ethereal sounds and putting it to razor sharp timing and unexpected melodies.

I'd really like to know about your path, have you gone to school for music?

Thank you for listening and the kind words!

I didn't go to music school but I taught myself some theory on guitar and more recently piano. Been playing music of some sort for 22 years. This album is an amalgamation of tracks from the last 6 or so years, with most of them being pretty old. I really appreciate the comments about percussion, because that is the part that is generally the toughest for me to do. I am very melodically minded, so the rhythm section on songs is always a pain. 

I should have a new album coming out in the coming months with more recent stuff, as well as an LP at some point next year. I hope you keep listening!

Archived