IGNORED

Dreaming about Richard

jejunum

Last night I had my third or fourth dream about Afex. In my dream I was working as a postman (something I've done IRL too) and I found out Rich was living in the area where I was delivering post.

I managed to figure out which house he was living in but I didn't want to tell anyone else because I thought afex appreciated his privacy.

I sat on a bench for hours trying to hear some cool synth workouts from his house but no luck. I guess his studio is soundproofed.

Is this normal? I am in my 30s and definitely too old for dreams like these. Anyone else having Afx related dreams?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty normal for things/people/ideas that are either important to you and/or you've been thinking about a lot to appear and interact with you in your dreams, but it's maybe a little weird to talk about it, and even weirder still to try to analyze it. When you're asleep, your hard drive is sort of skipping around and dumping all kinds of data everywhere. Most people don't remember their dreams, and even then we tend to only remember tiny pieces unless we actively work at it. Just enjoy the ride and say hi, but don't assume that you've made a connection on the other side.

Thanks for the friendly post kattin2. I agree 100%. I think it's a combination of being on a massive AFX binge lately with all of the new tracks and reading this forum (especially the bank/where did Richard live/stalker thread).

Perhaps it's a weird thread but the dream itself was a literal snoozefest. Just wanted to see if any crazy watmm:ers/afx fanboys had similar dreams.

The first (and only) dream that I remember having about AFX happened around 2 years ago I think. It was the first 15 seconds of Wet Tip Hen Ax looping over and over again while RDJ's face from the RDJ album was spinning around slowly in a circle. I think that the background was a solid color that kept changing with every beat of the track

Still haven't had a dream about the man, but the cornice moldings around his downstairs windows are handsomely decorative. You can often catch glimpses of him washing up 'round 8pm via the tunnel under his stockade fencing. Just make sure to carry fresh meat packed with acepromazine and butorphanol for the canines. 

When I was proper munted on drugs, about the time before Tomorrows Harvest came out (when the BoC subforum was a powder keg) I used to have a lot of dreams about those two.

One really sticks in my mind when all three of us were out under the stars naked....nah only joking, we were out under the night stars but we were hunting giant polar bears with hi-tech spaceage crossbows. Me, Mike and Marcus dressed up in real old fashioned Eskimo pelts and furs far out on a ice field with these ultra modern weapons. Once we had hunted and killed a giant bear we sledged it back with huskies to some frontier town which was glowing on the far horizon. We then walked into a bar for a drink and everyone in the bar turned into Coral Snakes and that's when I decided to wake up. Trippy and very cool dream.

I do dream about Richard sometimes, nothing that's really stuck in my mind though, but he always seems really nice bloke in them. 

I composed a song in a dream a couple of years ago. It had a few lines of really stupid lyrics as well. I recorded it, trying to recreate what I heard in my dream, but it didn't turn out that good. Perhaps you needed the visuals to go along with it (me climbing a steep rock wall and throwing down a jacket or sweatshirt on a clothes hanger that turned into a bird).

Archived