IGNORED

Dreaming about Richard

jejunum

good thread, glad u shared it

i dreamt about ae doing a live set in this room that had black and white chequered floor with red curtains (like twin peaks) and there was only one row of like 10 seats at the front, but ae were really high up. the live set was advertised as being strictly new and that nobody had ever heard anything like it before but when they started playing it was just a normal dj set with idm tracks in it, got so angry. also rob signed a purple piece of paper and threw it into the air and i managed to grab it and clutch it to my chest

also had few more dreams but about them but theyre not suitable for the eyes of children  :emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a similar dream a few months before the imminent shit/blimp announcement where Richardo sold me a CD-R full of tracks for R$15 (brazilian reals). I remember it felt quite triumphant to have "predicted" the whole AFX comeback at the time hehe.

Also had quite a vivid dream last year that a noise - Swurlk/Inverse Tropics 12"  was coming out on Warp. Guess it was just my brain exposing the feeling that he deserves a lot more exposure than he's got so far

better question: anybody else have music in their dreams

I had a weird thing happen recently. Years ago (around 2006 I guess) I had a dream about discovering a music festival with a bunch of artists I like implausibly playing just down the road from where I lived at the time. Didn't think about it for ages and then just a few weeks ago I was making music and was suddenly transported back to the decade-old dream. I don't know whether I'd succeeded in creating something similar to the music in the dream or just something that evoked the same feeling somehow, but either way it felt good.

Pro tip is of course not to bring these dreams up when meeting with dreamt celeberty in person :l

I have however emailed Shitmat after dreaming about him "riding a giant white tiger in a parade" but this didn't get any reply from him.

Also Aphex and Venetian Snares showed up in some dreams. I have not had any IDM celeberty dream after turnung 35.

Pro tip is of course not to bring these dreams up when meeting with dreamt celeberty in person :l

I have however emailed Shitmat after dreaming about him "riding a giant white tiger in a parade" but this didn't get any reply from him.

Also Aphex and Venetian Snares showed up in some dreams. I have not had any IDM celeberty dream after turnung 35.

I guess 35 is the magic age for when you can stop paying for a WATMM account

I used to have these reoccurring nightmare as a kid where I would be hanging out in my parents living room, and my dad would say "they're here". I would look outside the window and there would be walking decrepit skeleton men on my front lawn , one story down.

I would then proceed to be forced to run to the couch and close my eyes or something bad would happen. I would see the men (in a fraction of a second) run from outside, to the front door, up the stairs, to the couch and surround me. (I would see it in my dream in a 3rd person even though my eyes were closed as the first person)

Immediately after they take me, I would spontaneously be rolling through a hospital hallway on a hospital bed with my eyes closed still. If I dared open my eyes at any point, the skeleton men pushing my bed would scream a horrible scream and wake me up from the dream.

This dream happened for about 2 years almost every night.

lol

I used to have these reoccurring nightmare as a kid where I would be hanging out in my parents living room, and my dad would say "they're here". I would look outside the window and there would be walking decrepit skeleton men on my front lawn , one story down.

I would then proceed to be forced to run to the couch and close my eyes or something bad would happen. I would see the men (in a fraction of a second) run from outside, to the front door, up the stairs, to the couch and surround me. (I would see it in my dream in a 3rd person even though my eyes were closed as the first person)

Immediately after they take me, I would spontaneously be rolling through a hospital hallway on a hospital bed with my eyes closed still. If I dared open my eyes at any point, the skeleton men pushing my bed would scream a horrible scream and wake me up from the dream.

lol

Whoah

I composed a song in a dream a couple of years ago. It had a few lines of really stupid lyrics as well. I recorded it, trying to recreate what I heard in my dream, but it didn't turn out that good. Perhaps you needed the visuals to go along with it (me climbing a steep rock wall and throwing down a jacket or sweatshirt on a clothes hanger that turned into a bird).

Reading this thread I thought. Have I ever dreamt about Aphex? No I guess not.

But then I read this post and I remembered a dream I did have.

I was at a bar/venue/club spot that I have been to a lot. I was talking with someone and he tells me that the song playing is an unreleased Aphex track. That's all I remember from the dream.

Years later. Syro is released. It was a big day for me as I had been waiting for a proper full length Aphex Twin( not afx, not tuss, etc) album for a long time. I thinks since druqks.

Anyway when I heard 180db_[130] I felt like that was the track I had heard in that dream. Minds are weird.

Edit: I've never shared this with anyone.

Never had a dream about aphex. Had one with Wisp in it, tho IDK what he looks like so he was just a person who I knew for whatever reason was he artist known as Wisp. Basically I had to save him from an IDM cult who had enslaved him and were forcing him to make tracks. Apparently he stopped wanting to make IDM or something and was getting into House music or something, and the cult was angry or something, and I randomly found him in the cult's cave or something, and got him out. 

I gave up trying to find the meaning behind the dream. 

Also, I have MAJOR issues with sleep paralysis. No longer see scary shit really since I've had it so much that I'm used to it. Sometimes I'll hear music during it which is AMAZING. It sounds so pure. And it's like I can compose the music with my brain and semi coherently compose tracks coming from my brain and hear it like INSIDE me. 

Braindance.

Never had a dream about aphex. Had one with Wisp in it, tho IDK what he looks like so he was just a person who I knew for whatever reason was he artist known as Wisp. Basically I had to save him from an IDM cult who had enslaved him and were forcing him to make tracks. Apparently he stopped wanting to make IDM or something and was getting into House music or something, and the cult was angry or something, and I randomly found him in the cult's cave or something, and got him out. 

I gave up trying to find the meaning behind the dream. 

Also, I have MAJOR issues with sleep paralysis. No longer see scary shit really since I've had it so much that I'm used to it. Sometimes I'll hear music during it which is AMAZING. It sounds so pure. And it's like I can compose the music with my brain and semi coherently compose tracks coming from my brain and hear it like INSIDE me. 

Braindance.

damn thats so good, i've tried to induce sleep paralysis (basically just lying on your back ultra still and focusing) but every time i get close i get scared and back out. i want to harness its power, also to lucid dream too 

lol

gaaaaahhhhhhhh

no dreams aboot richard but once i dreamt about atilla from mayhem

i was at a gig and it was filled with smoke, he stood there on stage like a filthy living corpse full of scars and he had cut of his own fucking arm and burned the wound

they played the most evil brutal shit i ever heard and his hysterical laughter went through my bones, later he was sitting on a white horse on stage just staring at me and everything was silent

when i woke up, i played me some aborym and i heard the echo of his evil laughter from that dream for the rest of the day

best show i ever saw :cisfor:

damn thats so good, i've tried to induce sleep paralysis (basically just lying on your back ultra still and focusing) but every time i get close i get scared and back out. i want to harness its power, also to lucid dream too 

Yeah, for me because it's happened sooo many times I'm just so used to it. I do freak out occasionally. For some reason it's REALLy easy to freak out while it's happening if you let it. Most of the time I'm just annoyed 'this again?!' and I just shake myself till I wake up.

Most of the time still I can't control it and I just see random things. Just last night I had it, and I fell into sleep paralysis, and was on a trampoline, and someone jumped on it causing me to go flying into the air and landing near comedian Louie CK who started telling me incoherent jokes, and all the while you kinda feel all of it... one time I saw the green goblin from spiderman 1 painting a portrait of himself, and he turned and laughed at me... one time I had a ton of mexican men surrounding me, serenading me... one time Mr. Rogers was standing on me speaking in a really soft tone.. one time I randomly found myself flying over a city and I was trying my best to control the flight ( I felt 'wind' on me and heard it in my ears),when I woke up from that last one my turning fan had stopped and was blowing on my face.

But still the ones I enjoy the most are the ones I have control over. Like creating an orchestra in my head, or telling myself to see amazing patterns, or creating this massive television and 'turning the channels' seeing cool shit. It was as if I was on LCD or something (never taken LCD) Or that MDA or whatever it's called. Goes to show that you can naturally enduce that 'high' state without drugs, at least during sleep paralysis. 

The worst thing about it is that it only lasts 1 or 2 minutes, and either you fall back asleep, or you wake up.

there's nothing gay about an idm god cumming on my face.

You've been here before

I had an Aphex dream.

I was in some kind of cramped little studio with a bunch of black guys who were talking enthusiastically about hiphop production. One of them had a laptop with shitty speakers blasting out the Windowlicker acid edit remix and raving about how Aphex was the godfather of hiphop. wtf. I had to take a piss and walked down a corridor to go to the toilet when I notice an open door at the far end and Richard himself sitting behind a big console with headphones on. When I get close I notice Richard's actually a woman dressed in an elegant white robe and is quite embarrassed at being discovered, to the point of blushing, which makes his gingerness even more apparent. Except he's a hot ginger chick. wtf. After asking a few typically stupid interview-type questions I leave him/her alone, have my piss, go back and the black guys are now playing the Analords and mimicking the acid squelches vocally.

I tried really hard to divine something about a new release from all this but I couldn't, sorry guys.

I never had an aphex dream but I did have one about The 'Chre

A while ago I had a dream in the form of a documentary. It was about Rob and Sean of Autechre and the guy they'd been looking after for years. He was a blind guy from their neighborhood. The documentary was like the usual rough around the edges type of thing that you'd usually get on BBC2 or Ch4. It showed them chatting to him and winding him up in an unpretentious manner and also sleeping top and tails with him when they stayed at his place.

In one scene the blind guy started to act up and get all egotistical and they had to talk him down and calm him. there was another scene where they went to a party in the late Dean Martin's house and they were sitting around in Dean Martin's 'sound room'.

They were talking about how great he was at making mix tapes and they were listening to one at the time. At one point the tape fizzled out and went into a slowed down version of Je'taime, much to everyones chargrin. Just as they all looked like they were losing their patience, the tape immediately cut to some kind electro/hiphop. Rob and Sean started laughing and saying "That Dean Martin, He was such a joker!"

Archived