IGNORED

Beathaven - Last Album

flacid

https://soundcloud.com/606303/sets/performance-anxiety

You can check out the album here > https://midievil-records.bandcamp.com/album/performance-anxiety

-----------------------------------

Below is a compilation of some of my favourite tracks over the last couple of years. The 'Beathaven' pseudonym will be finished from August 2017 as it's time for something new. I am thinking about releasing a tape with as many of these tracks as possible on. If you'd be interested let me know in the comments or DM's so that I can gauge interest (if any...) ;) as always thanks for all the listens, shares, likes, comments etc

I've also discounted my 'discography' for less than a tenner for you beatamaniacs amongst you... ;) 

Gonna check this out, but that album link isn't working for me. 

Edit* when I clicked on the "start at the beginning" link I was able to find the album

Should be working now  :beer:

Fuck yeah. I'll be hitting that purchase link when I get home.

Hit us with that cassette!

No worries dude, only if you like it! 

https://soundcloud.com/606303/sets/performance-anxiety

You can check out the album here > https://midievil-records.bandcamp.com/album/performance-anxiety

-----------------------------------

Below is a compilation of some of my favourite tracks over the last couple of years. The 'Beathaven' pseudonym will be finished from August 2017 as it's time for something new. I am thinking about releasing a tape with as many of these tracks as possible on. If you'd be interested let me know in the comments or DM's so that I can gauge interest (if any...) ;) as always thanks for all the listens, shares, likes, comments etc

https://soundcloud.com/606303/sets/beathaven-chosen-lords

I've also discounted my 'discography' for less than a tenner for you beatamaniacs amongst you... ;) 

lummox is great. will be checking out all this stuff :)

First impressions - how relatively simple most of the beats are (for someone named Beathaven) haha. That doesn't bother me since the melodies and contrapuntal flavors bash about nicely. From what I remember from listening yesterday, Acid Requiem and Nightcops really jumped out of the speakers. I dug them a lot. There was one song, Shake your rump acid I believe, that seemed louder than everything else - although I started listening in the car and then transferred to headphones so that might have had something to do with it. 

Overall, creative stuff. It sounded fun to make

lummox is great. will be checking out all this stuff :)

Thanks dude, one of my favourites. When I go through the list I'm quite happy with the tracks I've put together over the last two years. A few good tunes in there.  :beer:

:music:  :music:  :music:  :music:  :music:

Thanks a lot dude, really appreciate you listening, enjoying and buying the 'discography'  :beer:

First impressions - how relatively simple most of the beats are (for someone named Beathaven) haha. That doesn't bother me since the melodies and contrapuntal flavors bash about nicely. From what I remember from listening yesterday, Acid Requiem and Nightcops really jumped out of the speakers. I dug them a lot. There was one song, Shake your rump acid I believe, that seemed louder than everything else - although I started listening in the car and then transferred to headphones so that might have had something to do with it. 

Overall, creative stuff. It sounded fun to make

Haha, you're the 1st person to mention that and it's something I have thought about more than once... the beat side hasn't interested me as much as melody and live recording but I'm hoping to look into that a bit more in the future. I've always had an issue with consistent volume so some tracks will be louder than others... I talk to my gf about the beathaven music and call them my dumb tracks, just jams rather than anything too substantial. I've had a lot of fun making them. Cheers for listening and giving me your feedback  :beer:

cheers mate. Only listened to the new one so far but it was a highly enjoyable record. Like Auditor, the inconsistency in track volume was the only real complaint. "Which Way Tony?" is a proper banger and probably my initial favorite after first listen.

the beat side hasn't interested me as much as melody 

I hear you brother, and therein lies my dissatisfaction with so much electronic music. I'm a melody addict, and much prefer a song to hit me in the feels than one with a lot of technically "amazing" rhythm parts. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry super late here, but hadn't spotted this thread until now. I've been digging your work lately quite damn much. As a matter of fact Beathaven has climbed quite high on my most played artists list within a year or so. Happened to spot your BC when tried to scroll through Braindance tag and remembered you were a fellow watmmer and found exactly what I was looking for (I'm kinda lazy at clicking through SC/BC links on people's signatures here, soz). So yes, could say that I've been enjoying your stuff way more than other shit released lately.

Some really lovely bit of work there. Helyccheym, Acid Flange and Ego Deaf are some beasts! Will be looking forward for your next move. Only critique is that perhaps little less tape distortion if possible. Personally don't get anything extra from the hiss. Other than that fire away!

• 2 weeks later...

Acid Flange 4 ever.

Well I'm interested to see what's next....

Just a musical progression really. Instead of trying to make Aphex rip offs  :music: Acid Flange was dope though  :beer:

Sorry super late here, but hadn't spotted this thread until now. I've been digging your work lately quite damn much. As a matter of fact Beathaven has climbed quite high on my most played artists list within a year or so. Happened to spot your BC when tried to scroll through Braindance tag and remembered you were a fellow watmmer and found exactly what I was looking for (I'm kinda lazy at clicking through SC/BC links on people's signatures here, soz). So yes, could say that I've been enjoying your stuff way more than other shit released lately.

Some really lovely bit of work there. Helyccheym, Acid Flange and Ego Deaf are some beasts! Will be looking forward for your next move. Only critique is that perhaps little less tape distortion if possible. Personally don't get anything extra from the hiss. Other than that fire away!

Thank you, very kind and for someone who listens to so much of this sort of music that's a decent compliment. They are a bit generic sounding but I enjoyed making them a lot and some of them I listen back to fondly. The tape hiss was more down to not knowing what I was doing :fail:  You'll find a little less in the more recent releases. 

I haven't heard much of AFX aping in Beathaven tbh. More of a contrary. What I always find interesting and value, is if an artist has an own sound and that's something I find from your stuff. For some reason it just sticks out from the mass and especially those releases do which I mentioned previously. Don't ask me how or why, haven't got enough IDM points to be qualified to answer.

The tape hiss was more down to not knowing what I was doing :fail:  You'll find a little less in the more recent releases.

Hmm, I remember reading that the hiss was left there intentionally for creating the right analog mood or something. Maybe I remember wrong :spiteful:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just playing with you.

YES to the cassette! I need some reels of Beathaven in my life.

:nacmat:

I haven't heard much of AFX aping in Beathaven tbh. More of a contrary. What I always find interesting and value, is if an artist has an own sound and that's something I find from your stuff. For some reason it just sticks out from the mass and especially those releases do which I mentioned previously. Don't ask me how or why, haven't got enough IDM points to be qualified to answer.

The tape hiss was more down to not knowing what I was doing :fail:  You'll find a little less in the more recent releases.

Hmm, I remember reading that the hiss was left there intentionally for creating the right analog mood or something. Maybe I remember wrong :spiteful:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just playing with you.

I guess what I mean is that I really like the 'IDM' world and my tracks were attempts to add something to it. 

Haha, agreed that it was left there for a reason but I didn't know how to use a tape machine or the 'optimum' way of recording on to tape. I still love it as a platform though :) 

Archived