IGNORED

Premier League 2017/2018

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was very good though, seems like money well spent to me. no doubt we need a new center back, but it's not for want of money or trying.

our midfield three were excellent today, milner and henderson too. worst player was Mane, who provided the only actual lolworthy moment of the match from a Liverpool POV when he butchered that counterattack, we had three unmarked players in front of the goal.

lots of lols from everton though, their keeper repeatedly kicking the ball the full length of the pitch for a goal kick, one of their centre backs had 16% pass completion in the first half, henderson had more passes than their entire team. Allardyce will keep them up I guess, but Everton fans aren't going to have an enjoyable season watching that turgid shite.

nice to see City schooling United again, hopefully at least one of the teams trying to play football today will come away with all the points.

playing in the corner for the end was a pretty hilarious taste of their own medicine there. I especially liked that bit where Bernardo Silva was in the box, then he turned around and ran back into the corner and won a throw in. lol.

40+ points from however many games, it'll take a major disruption for them to fk it now

the worst possible situation would be the next 5years being dominated by fkn Citeh or even worse if Chelski throw a pile of ca$h @ the problem

the rest is mainly CL scrambles or relegation scraps, really wanted Poch or Klopp to break this ceiling but not yet

3 shit goals and a poor result. Played shit in the first half and slightly less shit in the second half. Not a pen on Herrera either. Terrible miss by Lukaku. Just generally lots of shit.

100% a pen on Lovren.

• 2 weeks later...

it took pep a season to figure out "the best league in the world" and now he's walking it, he's a genius in his profession, you cant deny that.

It does make the league boring tho, i'll rather watch the championship, full of shit teams but much more exiting.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done the scouse, i bet they were shiting it for the last 5 minutes though.

I told you the City defense could be got at...their possession covers up some of the cracks.

No, he had bags of time and the left is his preferred foot. you can't slice a kick and have it go that straight and hard either.

Great game, the pressing was unbelievable, especially that mental run from Robinson (MOTM) at the end where he ran down about five Citeh players. Ox was very good again too, as were the rest of the front line. Can was excellent, and Wijnaldum too bar giving the ball away a bit too much. Matip was pretty good, some important blocks when needed.

Gomez was mostly good, but he's made several cockups like the one that led to their first goal, he needs to work on tracking those diagonals. Lovren at fault for their third, VVD would have headed that cross out in his sleep.. strange decision to make Karius first choice as well, he's much worse than Mingey.

Even though it was a bit nervy at the end there don't think there's much doubt we were the better team. Were very comfortable for the majority of the game.

Things really clicking into place for us now, even after losing Coutinho we don't really look that desperate for any updates to the squad bar a keeper.

...also the City defence isn't really much of a weakness, not many teams around going to be able to press and attack as well as us.

Credit to Klopp for managing the squad so well this season as well, we were shattered by Christmas last season, everyone still purring along nicely.

Well we've got nearly half the season to come, so you can look forward to many more where that came from. I'm sure they'll provide you a lot of comfort in the face of innumerable depressing Mourinho slog-fests, no need to thank me.

what’s funny is that I actually like Liverpool’s players and coach it’s just that their fans are literally the worst most unbearable pedants. (Although caze I can handle) and of course the exact opposite is true of United for me. Fuck that team and all they stand for but united fans are generally nice to me

Archived