Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Headphones?

studio monitoring headphones earphones

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Godwin Austen

Godwin Austen

喬戈里峰

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 29-May 07

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

^ I was looking for more general purpose, as 62ohms would probably need an amplifier. But those look impressive. Now I need to think this over

#102 mcbpete

mcbpete

<3 everything

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,182 posts
  • 179 topics
  • Joined 01-July 01

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

The impedance is not too bad - I generally would turn a portable stereo (discman/mp3 player etc.) up two or three notches than with 'normal' earphones but it's nothing crazy like you have with something like the 600ohm k240m's

EDIT: I couldn't see what exactly you're going to be using them for - I use mine for mixing and general at home listening. If you're looking for something to have 'on the go' I'd probably stay clear as their open design makes them leak sound (in and out) like nobody's biznizz.

#103 Godwin Austen

Godwin Austen

喬戈里峰

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 29-May 07

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

The impedance is not too bad - I generally would turn a portable stereo (discman/mp3 player etc.) up two or three notches than with 'normal' earphones but it's nothing crazy like you have with something like the 600ohm k240m's

EDIT: I couldn't see what exactly you're going to be using them for - I use mine for mixing and general at home listening. If you're looking for something to have 'on the go' I'd probably stay clear as their open design makes them leak sound (in and out) like nobody's biznizz.

Yeah, home listening and mixing for me too. For a moment there, the price tag and their flat/monitor response is what got me interested, but after some consideration, I think I'll go for the aiaiais, as I would most probably use them outside my graphic studio (office or a public cafe) as well. That's what I meant by 'general purpose' - something a bit more sturdy and isolated. Sometimes I think out loud, sorry about that :) and thanks

Edited by Godwin Austen, 07 January 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#104 thawkins

thawkins

marx4live - liberate the means of modulation

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • 17 topics
  • Joined 20-June 16
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/trent-hawkins

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

FWIW I am using my 80ohm Beyerdynamics all the time in laptops, phones, whatever and it's rare that the volume needs to be turned up to the max. Right now on the work laptop its at 40%, and I think around 50-60% on my iphone. I think 62 ohms is even nicer.

#105 cheeseburgerwalrus

cheeseburgerwalrus

Recently Joined

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 27-September 12

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Bros & mates , pleas don't use headphones, they will giv u tinnitus (ringing oscillators in ya head foevar witut release)

#106 modey

modey

the struggle vose in

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,616 posts
  • 255 topics
  • Joined 08-June 04
  • Interests:⠃⠋⠛⠀⠼⠊⠚⠚⠚

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

don't spread misinformation

Edited by modey, 07 January 2019 - 09:48 PM.

#107 melancholera

melancholera

Remember

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • 3 topics
  • Joined 16-September 11

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

I am another HD280 user. Don't think I can add much that anyone hasn't already said. Just to say that I've had them a little over a year and haven't had any technical or wear issues. 

#108 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,951 posts
  • 746 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:16 AM

Akg's are great headphones

#109 darreichungsform

darreichungsform

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • 81 topics
  • Joined 31-July 16
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/darreichungsform
  • Interests:giving advice

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

I recently became very rich. Thinking about getting some very expensive headphones like the AKG K812....

Thing is there are so many bitches & hookers I didn't go to and didn't give my money to them... this spared me so much money, I'm even thinken about the Sennheiser HD 800 S, I heard they are audophile reference headphones

man I hate women, why do they not like me? all I want is love (mum if you read this I love you). also the Pioneer SE-Monitor 5 look nuise

#110 thawkins

thawkins

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • 17 topics
  • Joined 20-June 16

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

I recently became very rich. Thinking about getting some very expensive headphones like the AKG K812....

Thing is there are so many bitches & hookers I didn't go to and didn't give my money to them... this spared me so much money, I'm even thinken about the Sennheiser HD 800 S, I heard they are audophile reference headphones

man I hate women, why do they not like me? all I want is love (mum if you read this I love you). also the Pioneer SE-Monitor 5 look nuise

It's OK to treat yourself once in your life - get into eurorack.

#111 cear

cear

Wao Alawo

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts
  • 275 topics
  • Joined 07-August 09
  • Interests:Sonido electronico

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

hi guys I recently bought Beyerdynamic 770 250ohm and my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 usb audio interface can barely handle these (headphone-knob all the way up is still quite low in volume).. I got a little FiiO preamp thing which can make em loud but I'd love to just have a single USB audio interface that can pump these 250ohms....

Any suggests? budget preferably beneath 150eurs and just 2x2 record/playback channels. (i basically don't know which number I need to check to know if the interface can handle 250ohm headphones lol)

#112 xox

xox

2K, On My Way

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Joined 08-April 08

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

https://m.thomann.de...a_ath_m50_x.htm

#113 thawkins

thawkins

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • 17 topics
  • Joined 20-June 16

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

hi guys I recently bought Beyerdynamic 770 250ohm and my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 usb audio interface can barely handle these (headphone-knob all the way up is still quite low in volume).. I got a little FiiO preamp thing which can make em loud but I'd love to just have a single USB audio interface that can pump these 250ohms....

Any suggests? budget preferably beneath 150eurs and just 2x2 record/playback channels. (i basically don't know which number I need to check to know if the interface can handle 250ohm headphones lol)

I would send back the 250ohms and get the 80ohms instead. I don't know if there is an interface for driving 250ohms for the price that you mention. I think it probably does not exist because 250ohms is a niche thing and the people who care about this will already buy a high end audio interface as well (such as SPL Crimson).

Here's a discussion about this sort of thing https://www.gearslut...ithout-amp.html

Personally I have always though it is pointless to have a 250ohm headphone setup unless I am absolutely prepared to buy all the headphone-amps and whatever other stuff is necessary to get them to the correct level and have the sound be not colored or changed in any way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: studio, monitoring, headphones, earphones