IGNORED

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

DavieAddison

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't really like the first two singles, but I preordered the double LP anyway because I'm a fanboy. Not gonna listen to anything else from it till it arrives.

Tonite was just released the other day. Good dance track with a nice acid line

Really pleased someone started this thread, LCD are a favourite of mine.

Loved Call The Police, wasn't sure on American Dream (and only played it a few times so could be a grower) and I heard muddled bits and pieces of Tonite on the radio at work this morning (over a load of other noise) and it sounded killer!

Another hit and miss artist/band for me but the hits are so gooood I forgive them for the duds.

I didn't really like the first two singles, but I preordered the double LP anyway because I'm a fanboy. Not gonna listen to anything else from it till it arrives.

Yeah, I heard Tonite was supposed to be the best one yet. To be honest I never get thrilled by any of their singles (Drunk Girls, North American Scum) but I end up appreciating them most in context of the album, so I'm withholding myself until the whole thing's out. Doing the same thing with the new Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith. I guess it's weird but I like having a whole album of new material to look forward to without hearing half of it first.

Yeah, I heard Tonite was supposed to be the best one yet. To be honest I never get thrilled by any of their singles (Drunk Girls, North American Scum) but I end up appreciating them most in context of the album, so I'm withholding myself until the whole thing's out. Doing the same thing with the new Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith. I guess it's weird but I like having a whole album of new material to look forward to without hearing half of it first.

I definitely feel you on that. North American Scum and Drunk Girls are the worst songs on that album. I'm hoping for another Dance Yrself Clean, that track is massive

I definitely feel you on that. North American Scum and Drunk Girls are the worst songs on that album. I'm hoping for another Dance Yrself Clean, that track is massive

I looked at the tracklisting and the last track is 12 minutes long or something. Probably the one I'm most interested to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i know it's like "their thing" to rip off t heads but the second track is *way* too obvious (without the good lyrics obviously) to be acceptable in any way, under any circumstance.

anyway i love it

ok so i know it's like "their thing" to rip off t heads but the second track is *way* too obvious (without the good lyrics obviously) to be acceptable in any way, under any circumstance.

anyway i love it

I had the same thought. It's great overall though. Better than I expected. Call The Police grew on me a bit but it's still the worst on the album.

I only expect to like 4 maybe 5 tracks off this album when I get round to play it this weekend. But they'll be tip-top I'm sure and a good thing about LCD for me, is generally their best tracks don't require a lot of time or replays to discover. A few zip-lines from beginning to end and I'll know the score.

Agreed they sound a lot like a couple of other artists (which usually gets my goat!) but for Mr Murphy and Company I let it slide  :cool: 

anyway i love it

holy crap, you werent joking. that is quite literally a remain in light song!

hilariously in the context of the album proper Call the Police is probably my 3rd favorite track

not a miss among them though, I love every single one now.

Archived