IGNORED

will tom put out a good record ever again?

koolkeyZ865

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want a []pusher bleep store already so he can upload a bunch of random shit from the go plastic era.. fucking swoon. 

venus no 1-16 -  would be dope too ;)

selection 1-15 as well... ;)

I want My Underwater Fart and Sixtyten Cycles so badly... Yes, a []leep store would make WATMM go crazy again. An ama as with Ae would also be great.

BTW, for the more traditional instrumentation and rhythm, my Underwater Torch is one of his pinnacles for me. And of course: Iambic 5 Poetry

Argh, forgot. His absolutely best track is Windscale 2. Especially at that era, I was smashed to the ground by this and it still works. Wonderfully developing track. What a ton of handcrafting this must be.

And of course: Iambic 5 Poetry

Way too unfairly overshadowed by the vastly inferior Iambic 9 Poetry. 5 is my favourite SP track and one of my all-time favourite pieces of music. Song: Our Underwater Torch is gorgeous too.

JAS is great, that was the last one I really loved. Ufabulum is solid too, I definitely blasted those tracks on the regular for a while. Damogen was the breaking point for me, felt like a big step backward and I just basically hated it. I'm sure there will still be some good surprises from him some day tho, any artist who's reinvented themselves that many times can do it again.

And of course: Iambic 5 Poetry

Way too unfairly overshadowed by the vastly inferior Iambic 9 Poetry. 5 is my favourite SP track and one of my all-time favourite pieces of music. Song: Our Underwater Torch is gorgeous too.

wut? overshadowed by who? agreed on the all time favourite bit though.

ufabulum was his only particularly weak album, and even that was fine. damogen furies is great. as is the new live one.

wut? overshadowed by who? agreed on the all time favourite bit though.

Maybe just my own experience, but I remember for a long time seeing 9 being held up as the classic SP track, maybe not so much around here but pretty much everywhere else. I remember Ultravisitor got him a ton of exposure in non-IDM circles, when I started university that year everybody was a SP fan for about six months based on that album. I tried to see him live 2005, and it was the most packed gig I've ever been to, to the extent that I couldn't cope with it and had to leave. Felt like I was literally breathing in sweat.

Something about the drums on Ufa and DF - they seem in-the-background and not very changing. JAS drums are  a bit better than "Hello Everything" though. 

With all other albums the drums were almost like melody generators themselves - even on single-pattern tracks like Psultan Remix the drums are punchier, and louder

It seem me  that TJ became less interested in drum programming from HE on.(except for Venus tracks!)...but he still has the melody and structure skills......so its just a shame

Archived