IGNORED

oversaturation of electronic music

marf

From the cheap npr imitations of aphex to the boom bap interludes. It's everywhere. Prepare for it to go underground soon. 

i've noticed that is totally ok to imitate afx, not just ok but it's encouraged by others, but it's somehow totally forbidden to even remotely sound like ae.

whenever someone even accidentally makes a track that resembles ae he/she feels that they have to say something like ''oooh i'm so sorry, i didnt even realize that 0,04% of the track sounds like ae *tentamen suicidi later tonight*?'' but on the other hand majority em producers have at least one afx-like-99,9%-copycat track on their soundcloud

I'm just hoping that Mika Vainio's passing will inspire another wave of gritty, funky, hardware minimalism. FROM DA UNDERGROUND. I know it's inspiring a wave of it on my couch and in my stewdyo. Maybe that's enough.

This is the entry point to a bleak, nihilistic black metal phase imo \m/

Just put on Earth 2 very loudly and lie on the ground

didnt pewdiepie use Nero's Day At Disneyland in nearly all of his videos at one point? that was nice

yeah Child Protection Services, idk how much credit or royalties she got for it though :\

One of her tunes was used for some shitter far-right vid as well, slightly lol as she came out as trans

From the cheap npr imitations of aphex to the boom bap interludes. It's everywhere. Prepare for it to go underground soon. 

there's plenty underground, you just have to tune out the rest

I agree there's an obnoxious amount of electronic ripoff / studio in house music along with a healthy amount of shameless hype seeking style aping in indie music in general. It's frustrating how much of this stuff dominates. I can't even escape it on Spotify playlists that auto-generate from music I play earlier: there's always at least one shitty Brooklyn indie band or artist thrown in there by their PR lobby and tastemakers at Spotify.

This stuff passes eventually. Most is rightfully forgotten. If there's an upside it's that the lack of "record store clerk" knowledge and insight it's the fact that there's plenty of helpful comments and links on the periphery of this crap. Many kids break off into better music with crappy electronic music as a launching pad.

This is the entry point to a bleak, nihilistic black metal phase imo \m/

Just put on Earth 2 very loudly and lie on the ground

this is the answer to the fundamental question of life.

Electronic music has been everywhere since before I was born.

inb4 you're all 100 years old

Unless you were born before 1975 or so then this is true for everyone whether they noticed or not.

Archived