IGNORED

RAVE music n vibes

YangYing

This remains the greatest and most magical rave videos for me, not because it's fun to look at but because the music is so different to what is played today. For some reason I think it is in a way more "pure" than the stuff today, because for a DJ there probably simply was not a lot of choice in what to play and you couldn't just coast for hours on automatically beatmatched 4 to the floor. The music there seems way more positive in terms of vibe and more experimental and I remember when I first watched the video it took me to all kinds of different places and states of mind which is what I really value in a DJ set sometimes (especially if I am just listening to it from the comfort of my chair or something).

I think this video was shot the same year I first went to school so I was far too young to get any of that stuff aside from weird childhood glimpses of it on TV, sometimes framed in the context of "drugs are bad mmkay". The 90s to me remains a magical wonderland of freedom and weird stuff just waiting to be excavated, although I am sure for a lot of the people living it it was a dreary and shitty time.

amazing video ! incomparable with todays parties where most of the people are just standing around or move emotionless a bit  while checking their phones and each other.

off course their are amazing parties too and people still dance but most of the time its like on those boiler room videos as if people forgot to dance or are afraid to let go and have fun.

Edited by Kavinsky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This remains the greatest and most magical rave videos for me, not because it's fun to look at but because the music is so different to what is played today. For some reason I think it is in a way more "pure" than the stuff today, because for a DJ there probably simply was not a lot of choice in what to play and you couldn't just coast for hours on automatically beatmatched 4 to the floor. The music there seems way more positive in terms of vibe and more experimental and I remember when I first watched the video it took me to all kinds of different places and states of mind which is what I really value in a DJ set sometimes (especially if I am just listening to it from the comfort of my chair or something).

Yeah, I love the fact there’s hardcore, acid, piano house, bleep, even trance in there. I remember going to these kind of parties in the mid ‘00s and literally the only thing DJs would play at the time was DnB. Right at the height of Pendulum, and everything sounded like that. So boring.

A great thing about rave is how many artists it spawned who went on to have such diverse sounding careers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJVkrQY3cWA

Edited by purlieu

• 3 weeks later...