IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Simulation

whosebrian

I've bought plenty non-warp vinyl releases on Bleep and received a digital in my dashboard so I don't think it's that? 

Some recent examples: Com Truise - Iteration, Kerrier District - 4, Amen Andrews - News of the World.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AHHH NOOOOOO!!! I'm waiting to by it local at the shop here in finland but i haven't gone yet. i'm too busy being sad that u and zaphod were angery at me

you should get this bc listening to it is like being ryan gossling during the sex scene in blade runner 2069

Not selling digital version of releases is a stupid way to run a record label. At least this one leaked a week ago, so I can enjoy it anyway, but a bit strange that they aren't interested in my money...

If they pull the same shit with the new Legowelt album, I'll probably "buy" all my Clone music on Soulseek from now on.

don't be a bitch dude

Sorry, maybe got a little harsh there, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this. Kind of tired of the vinyl (and cassette) obsession, it should be about the musid, right? "Simulation" is just the latest example, and it kind of put me over the edge about this...

• 2 weeks later...

Also. Perfectly happy to dig the music for the music’s sake without the pr campaign. The amount of output is a little overwhelming. Anyone able to point towards any specific “levels” or tracks that are killing it for you?

Without all the mumbo jumbo, Colundi is just a microtonal scale developed by Grant Wilson-Claridge that Aleksi uses to make all his current music.  That's it, nothing more to really read into than that.

Listen to levels 10-16.  They are fantastic and a good starting place.  Then listen to the rest which is also great but slightly less so.  Yes that's a lot of music, but not listening to these for that reason would be as criminal as not listening to any of the Aphex soundcloud dump because there's just too many tracks.  Just dig in one album at a time.  You'll eventually have them all on repeat and let it penetrate your soul.

Stay away from the compilations (IMO).  They are too small a taste.  They are to Colundi as Chosen Lords was to Analord.

Stay away from the compilations (IMO).  They are too small a taste.  They are to Colundi as Chosen Lords was to Analord.

I for one really enjoyed the comps. I haven't been super interested about the series as a whole though, have listened one track here and another there so I'm sure there are some gems lurking still. And on a side note, I love to give Chosen Lords a spin now and then. Never really understood the total bashing of that comp, possibly 'cause I happen to love the track list. But yep, there's no denying that the Colundi (and Analord) series are huge so there are plenty of different tracks for various tastes. But IMO the comps are great starting points the Colundi journey if one doesn't know wtf the whole thing is supposed to represent.

Archived