IGNORED

Hurricane Harvey

Extralife

Rescue boats in Houston saying people are shooting at them now? Insanity.

Source?

It's very plausible - there are some rough ass areas in Houston where looting is going on and/or squatters are being found. Not to mention your stereotypical "get off my land or I'll blow your brains out" folks who don't want any help - from the government or civilians.

That said it's the kind of unverified story that could too easily be exaggerated or completely fabricated before being spread like a STD among fake news sites with slanted narratives. Let's not forget how major news cites were citing insanity post-Katrina, much of which was debunked or discredited, without any blowback.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source?

It's very plausible - there are some rough ass areas in Houston where looting is going on and/or squatters are being found. Not to mention your stereotypical "get off my land or I'll blow your brains out" folks who don't want any help - from the government or civilians.

That said it's the kind of unverified story that could too easily be exaggerated or completely fabricated before being spread like a STD among fake news sites with slanted narratives. Let's not forget how major news cites were citing insanity post-Katrina, much of which was debunked or discredited, without any blowback.

CNN, you know fakes news.

Source?

CNN, you know fakes news.

This one?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/us/harvey-houston-texas-louisiana/index.html

Seems to be somewhere in East Texas. Be interested to hear more details. Just to clarify, I'm not skeptical but cautious to take stories like that without hesitation, even from outlets like CNN who mean well but can slip up and/or be fed bad sources. It occurred a lot during Katrina - NPR, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. were all publishing some iffy claims. You can still look them up. I'm sure shitty sites like Breitbart are already taking such claims and turning them into features about how a race war is about to start or some nonsense.

Please tell me that isn't real...

Nah God doesn't work that way in terms of action/reaction standards. The physics doesn't check out. If a lesbian mayor creates a hurricane than that would be mean the existence of Ann Coulter's cunt would have plunged the Earth into a black hole decades ago.

My friend at the 290 / 610 interchange said it has finally stopped raining. She was lucky enough to only get a flooded bathroom from a hole in the roof. This is the NW side of Houston.

Archived