IGNORED

Hurricane Harvey

Extralife

So I sit here in Houston awaiting the deluge....listening to some Colours of Infinity at the moment. Strangely calm at the moment but won't be in a day or two. How are my other Texas WATMMers doing?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I sit here in Houston awaiting the deluge....listening to some Colours of Infinity at the moment. Strangely calm at the moment but won't be in a day or two. How are my other Texas WATMMers doing?

what's cooking hurricane h. my ex is in Texas. take in easy on her will you do your thing will ya?

yolo

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I just can't wait to hear what our great orange leader thinks about all this when he takes the obligatory helicopter tour to survey the devastation...

"You see...a wall could have saved us...I'll build the biggest most beautiful wall that will keep us safe from immigrants and hurricanes... you'll see...and the Dems won't contribute a dime...ha!"

I'm in San Antonio and preparing for a couple days without power, I've been obsessively following this thing since last night. Let's just hope that we don't get it as bad as those poor people at the coast. Their economy is finished for a long time

what's cooking hurricane h. my ex is in Texas. take in easy on her will you do your thing will ya?

All my exes live in Texas, that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee. 

I'm here in Louisiana (not south LA) just looking forward to the fucktons of rain we may get. Love the cool rainy windy stormy hurricane bits we often get this far inland. Energetic without all the actual tragedy and danger. All the best to you Texas folks who may get it bad! Hope you all stay safe and stocked with water and whisky and maybe some electricity.

edit: Wait Joyrex is in Houston-ish areas right? Might WATMM be effected if the hurricane tears down the internet there? Is that how this works????  :cerious:  ;)

edit: Wait Joyrex is in Houston-ish areas right? Might WATMM be effected if the hurricane tears down the internet there? Is that how this works????  :cerious:  ;)

I think that the site is hosted overseas. Don't quote me on that tho

In Austin, so I'm hoping the coast is hanging in there. We might be getting a shitload of rain and some high wind. If it keeps going straight it will. It was mellow still this evening beyond some random showers. Walked my dog an hour ago. Bottled water was being sold like crazy at some places...

Here's the crazy thing though, current model is showing it will literally turn around, heading back to the Gulf and keep swinging until it goes back up to Houston! 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/08/24/us/hurricane-harvey-texas.html?mcubz=0

In-laws in N. Houston are anticipating power outages and rain but they've been through worse with Ike. Some other relatives were supposed to come back from cruise to Galveston on Sunday but there's a strong chance they'll be redirect to New Orleans. The last big hurricanes in Texas slammed Galveston, which is closer to the East/Louisiana border whereas Harvey is hitting Corpus Christi and it's surrounding towns/cities. I think the last time they were hit hard was in 1970. 

It's going to be 20+ inches at least of rainfall in the hardest hit areas, some were saying up to 50 inches! This fucker is slow as hell too which is going to make flooding even more of a concern. I don't live far from the infamous Onion Creek area which had deadly floods in 2013. Memorial Day 2015 had some crazy midday flash floods as well. If it does come up here I'm still not worried. I live in a newer neighborhood well above any flood plain but it could get hairy on the roads around us. Houston is more prone to flooding but that has to do with the fact that it's flatter, lower elevation, and a bunch of urban planning factors I could drone on and on about.

Stay dry! What part of town are you in...I'd stockpile if you are anywhere near a creek, river, etc. Roads can get shut down quickly and turn neighborhoods into islands.

Stay dry! What part of town are you in...I'd stockpile if you are anywhere near a creek, river, etc. Roads can get shut down quickly and turn neighborhoods into islands.

I'm pretty central (inside the loop) near Rice University. Pretty well stocked....but we will see. I still have power but it is raining hard.

It's supposed to reach about 20 inches of rainfall where I live, a little east of houston. For some reason though the rain has been largely...mediumly... avoiding where I live. The clouds keep raining everywhere else, and it's only raining here like half the time. 

Archived