IGNORED

I'm working on a fake film score album

747Music

I really like the Juno60TapeTest! It by far has the most authentic sound. When I listened to the first track my first thought was that it needed to sound more trashy and VHS-like, and I really think you managed to that with the Juno60TapeTest track - without overdoing it as well ;)

I really like the Juno60TapeTest! It by far has the most authentic sound. When I listened to the first track my first thought was that it needed to sound more trashy and VHS-like, and I really think you managed to that with the Juno60TapeTest track - without overdoing it as well ;)

Thanks, man!

Film Score 1 hasn't gone through tape at all yet. There's still more work to do on it before I put it through tape and do the same thing I did with the Juno60TapeTest. I grab hold of cassette tape while it's recording to my PC and move it around while it's playing enough to change the sound but not add wear to the machine. It adds a nice, subtle warble. The pitch control bar on the Porta One is pretty handy, too, for less subtlety.

Juno60TapeTest is now called "Film Score 3 (tape)", btw.

Film Score 2 still needs stuff added. I'm thinking a choir patch would sound good with some delay and light reverb.

• 4 weeks later...

More work and test renderings with Juno60 and Tape fun. This is a small section of the song recorded to tape in different ways and messed about with. It's tough to find time to work on this project as I have another project going and am working full time again. The final product WILL sound better as these are just tests and messing about trying different things.

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/anvil-stereo-film-score-5-test-renderings-of-small-section

Another idea I need to expand:

https://soundcloud.com/747music-1/anvil-stereo-film-score-4-update-mn

Archived