IGNORED

Autechre Eastre Eggs

Sam

Might be nice to get a thread going where we can list little things specific to certain versions of releases, whether it be in the music or the packaging.

Maybe a starting point for an Ae version of the fredd-e boc pages?

So I suppose it is somewhat fitting that my first contribution is that, according to discogs, the first press of Amber has "FUCK OFF TRAINSPOTTER" on the B-side runout groove. Cool!

Shoot.

The Envane promo has a different version of Laughing Quarter which has alternate percussion for the last few bars.

That untilted Trees thing, joke right? is that even possible?

Also that Cat purring at the end of "Tewe" being a sample of a cat Sean was living with at the time called "Winterbottom"

Incunabula/Basscadet art features mysterious, garbled references to GESCOM… Might there have been some obscure connection between these two reclusive legendary pioneers of electronic music?

(We may never know)

If you press pause for at 1.11 on The Trees (untilted) for 11 seconds you'll get an extra track called Sqrl ntkn.

On CD obviously.

Man, that's nuts.
lol

lol grt wrk

To think there was one place in the cybernets free of this treacherous trickery, of such high treason towards the Brethren and Sistren of the Fæth... It was folly to think as such, and we shalt all be marked by it...

I think someone mentioned that Artov Chain was a tribute to Art of Noise. It does kinda sound like they used a sample from Moments In Love, specifically in reference to that chorus-like staccato throughout the track.

If you press pause for at 1.11 on The Trees (untilted) for 11 seconds you'll get an extra track called Sqrl ntkn.

On CD obviously.

Man, that's nuts.
lol

lol grt wrk

Confirmed. Track is like a strong cup of coffee, leaves me bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I think someone mentioned that Artov Chain was a tribute to Art of Noise. It does kinda sound like they used a sample from Moments In Love, specifically in reference to that chorus-like staccato throughout the track.

I remember someone on here was convinced the title referenced "markov chains"

Someone who knows more about that might be able to explain why it does/doesn't make sense for that song

I remember someone on here was convinced the title referenced "markov chains"

Someone who knows more about that might be able to explain why it does/doesn't make sense for that song

Perhaps dats coz Saddam mentioned it four times in a row in the elseq RA interview

Does it feel like another entity in the band besides you two? 

Sean Booth: Yeah it does. 

Rob Brown: Yeah. 

Sean Booth: It's like gaming sometimes, trying to guide it. There's some very basic AI in there—I mean only using "if" statements, conditionals, if-the-situation-is-this-then-do-that type things. It's as basic as a game AI, if you look at the AI for the characters in a game, it's just a chain of "if" statements, basically. It's very much on a level to that, really. So playing music on it is about as fun as playing Grand Theft Auto, doing random shit with pedestrians, seeing if you can get someone to run up a wall or whatever. If I can get the musical equivalent of that, I'm generally quite happy. 

Rob Brown: Make the cars float. Transparent cars that float. That's what we aim for. 

Sean Booth: I wouldn't say it's a living entity, really. It's about as much like as an entity as a shit AI in a game is. That's how intelligent it is, which is not intelligent at all, but it might at least resemble the way a person thinks. It's funny, I've been reading about Markov models and Markov chains recently, the results from Markov Chains are remarkably similar to what you get out of Watson or DeepMind, these super advanced language modelling things. And this article was about how unwieldy that kind of mega-gigantic, expensive AI is, because you can actually achieve very close results using Markov chains, and they're really fucking simple, they're computationally really easy to deal with, they're what people use for Twitterbots and things like that. So in some ways these simple conditional responses can resemble very high-end AI. Even though it's very simple, the result is close enough not to matter. 

Yeah they even had some diagrams in that interview. It's basically a chain of probabilities based on historical data (training). Like imagine a deck of cards being used to make a decision, and then a new deck is made based on what was made during the last draw (and usually the last 2 or 3 before that), compared against the training set. It works well for language because you can pick up like 2-4 word phrases and anticipate what word is likely to come next based on training. Easy to imagine how this could carry over to music.

i always wondered how the artwork on the inside of the cardbord casings for the chiastic slide vinyls actually looks. not gonna cut mine open though.

Same here.

That luminous green peeping out of the Oversteps sleeves is siiiiiiiick

did this quite halfassed when elseq came out

Yeah they even had some diagrams in that interview. It's basically a chain of probabilities based on historical data (training). Like imagine a deck of cards being used to make a decision, and then a new deck is made based on what was made during the last draw (and usually the last 2 or 3 before that), compared against the training set. It works well for language because you can pick up like 2-4 word phrases and anticipate what word is likely to come next based on training. Easy to imagine how this could carry over to music.

theres a pretty cool subreddit where every post is made using markov chains

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/

some of them are really quite convincing, something a human might actually say

theres a pretty cool subreddit where every post is made using markov chains

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/

some of them are really quite convincing, something a human might actually say

holu shiznits this is amazon mindphukage, many flols

You can still handle these stupid CWK files they keep just saying "center" instead of being a CEO of Tesla than myself, but swallowing loads for a tail.

Edit: Now that I was going to let them know what a "quality" image is. Hijacking: can someone please PS melisandre into a counter-meme to the discretion of those creating photoshops. I might be an atheist.

Autechre made a fortune promoting the North Face, which enabled them to give up a career in pop music but still go on tour. They are stingy bastards though, and have been known to not pay for lighting and therefore play in complete darkness for the grand savings of £12.75 a pop.

Autechre made a fortune promoting the North Face, which enabled them to give up a career in pop music but still go on tour. They are stingy bastards though, and have been known to not pay for lighting and therefore play in complete darkness for the grand savings of £12.75 a pop.

lol

Archived