IGNORED

Lemon Melon's Lemon Law (a 15-year Anniversary Reunion)

LemonMelon

I started working on some new Lemon Melon tracks after taking a 15 year break, I used to release music on MP3.com back when I was between 11-15 years old, and I've painstakingly uploaded all 200-odd tracks I made 1999-2002 onto bandcamp, and these are the "comeback" track of sorts:

[]

[/]

[]

[/]

[]

[/]

[]

[/]

[]

[/]

[]

[/]

If you like some of u-ziq or Wagon Christ's samplier moments, are old enough to remember Freddy Fresh, Fatboy Slim, Bentley Rhythm Ace or Lemon Jelly, you'll remember Big-Beat music. It had a few forms, Prodigy and Chem Bros probably did the harder, darker side of bigbeat, but others like The Wiseguys and Loop Da Loop just wanted to have fun.

I'm coining the term "dotBizbeat" to refer to the slightly dodgier style that evolved post-"For Your Ears Only" when people started using low-quality DAWs on family computers (whilst at the same time registering cheap .biz domains for themselves) to make crap Big-Beat by taking cover disc samples and fucking with them. I'll be having fun with trying some of those for an accompanying EP, but Lemon Law is aiming to hopefully be closer to the second-wave of post-"You've Come A Long Way, Baby"-mania that took the late-90s radio for hostage.

For everything I did back in 1999-2002, check http://LemonMelon.bandcamp.com

This is good fun stuff - personally I would have enjoyed some original melodic stuff added to this to mess with the mood a bit, but that might not be your thing. Nicely mixed and arranged and everything, good job

Thank you, I appreciate it!

fun music. feels at at home in the stuff that was going around 15 years ago. pretty cool u had the ability to do this stuff when u were so young.

Thanks so much! I'm trying to keep the spirit alive, it's a fun genre that's been all but forgotten I'm afraid.

Archived