IGNORED

Mopfunk - mdgrp

machinemask

Top moody track. Like how stripped back the start is, and how it builds. Nice synth work, pads are lovely, great sense of longing which is my fave emotion in music.

Think the 303-ish bendy line could do with some variation, perhaps some mad AFX-like fills every now and then. Speaking of AFX, maybe the retriggered percs and detuned melodies are a bit too similar to his stuff? Just a thought.

Really nice layering of melodies without it becoming over-bearing! This is hard to achieve - speaking from personal experience with my own stuff.

Perhaps the snare you can hear at 3:10 is panned too hard right? Overpowers and unbalances things a bit IMO.

Top moody track. Like how stripped back the start is, and how it builds. Nice synth work, pads are lovely, great sense of longing which is my fave emotion in music.

Think the 303-ish bendy line could do with some variation, perhaps some mad AFX-like fills every now and then. Speaking of AFX, maybe the retriggered percs and detuned melodies are a bit too similar to his stuff? Just a thought.

Really nice layering of melodies without it becoming over-bearing! This is hard to achieve - speaking from personal experience with my own stuff.

Perhaps the snare you can hear at 3:10 is panned too hard right? Overpowers and unbalances things a bit IMO.

yeah thanks for listening man. dunno if i will stop using detuned pads in some of my music haha, just something i love and have been doing forever, but i'll keep that in mind! being derivative was always a fear of mine, but honestly i don't think much about it much anymore. i just make the music i'm feeling *shrug*

the snare @ 3:10ish+...might be a little loud true, sadly already released, and i'm used to it now i guess, haha :)

yeah thanks for listening man. dunno if i will stop using detuned pads in some of my music haha, just something i love and have been doing forever, but i'll keep that in mind! being derivative was always a fear of mine, but honestly i don't think much about it much anymore. i just make the music i'm feeling *shrug*

the snare @ 3:10ish+...might be a little loud true, sadly already released, and i'm used to it now i guess, haha :)

Oh of course, do what you feel. But also be as derivative as you want, that's where good things often happen IMO

Know what you mean about it being released and being used to it - get em out and move on!

heh someone saying something is too similar to AFX :) how often u listen to YLC posts :)

this is good man!

I've listened to quite a few now - there's lots of variety and people are helpful & encouraging here which is what I like. It's not just a straight aphex clones board because, well, what would be the point in that?

Archived