IGNORED

SKAM Bandcamp

Goiter Sanchez

The BC page that has appeared today is fake – it’s a load of vinyl rips…We will populate the official page soon. https://skamrecords.bandcamp.com/ 

Shit.

Some greasy kerniggit just got a load of money for someone elses work :(

What do Bandcamp do in situations like this?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BC page that has appeared today is fake – it’s a load of vinyl rips…We will populate the official page soon. https://skamrecords.bandcamp.com/ 

Shit.

Some greasy kerniggit just got a load of money for someone elses work :(

What do Bandcamp do in situations like this?

Not much they can do I imagine, other than close the fake account. Payments do take 24-48 hours to reach the artist/label though, so assuming they catch it in time (and actually care) then theoretically, they could stop the payment from being sent to them. They'd have to refund everyone who bought something too.

If SKAM were to make a legal fuss, I'm sure they'd be incentivised a lot more.

well, fuck.

at least this means we should hopefully get the real deal proper soon. :P

yeah right...

We will populate the official page soon.

KKHfgMu.gif

... yeah well, then again maybe not :I

For once this seemed a bit obvious to me. The lack of official announcement, master quality trax and of course anything to do with MHTRTC being on Bandcamp would be a huge deal. I'm glad I held out for a response from the label first, but here's hoping everyone else gets a refund, and the person behind this is sent to a special IDM hell.

Pretty disappointing that someone would stoop this low.

So they were pirated stuffs.

Only slightly worse than selling the records at exorbitant mark up on Discogs, though. But that's pretty low anyways, so to be lower than that...these fucks are pretty low.

...these fucks are pretty low.

Skum

Damn… I am glad I just wishlisted a bunch of releases instead of buying right away.

As I had so little of the Skam stuff that was on there I honestly was tempted to buy the whole set in one bulk buy....was weighing it up but was gonna wait till payday. Phew.

I hope everyone who did buy from there has already contacted Bandcamp and/or Paypal. I've never run into this sort of issue but any issues I've had in the past, both companies have been good about resolving problems.

Archived