IGNORED

SKAM Bandcamp

Goiter Sanchez

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a special IDM hell.

reincarnated as a goldfish in a bowl in Flahbulb's home studio.

Or maybe the bass knobs on Steve Aoki's mixer?

Doomed to be fondled by sweaty Aokihands.

Unless, they would be safely ignored after Stevie just sets-and-forgets the bass at its MAXX setting.

Not sure what's worse?

lets hope soon will be sooner now that some jackass made some money with rips.

not sure whether i should be happy those rips are offline now, because i'm not so sure if the mask's will be in the official bandcramp. or rather, im assuming they wont... :/

While what went down was totally illegal and morally troubling I do hope shows Andy that there is a market for these tracks in Digital formats...

I also respect that Skam has never been about the money (250+ Hi Scores represses aside) and it may be more within Skam's MO to continue to cultivate the rarity and exclusivity of the music as opposed to making it widely available. I'd prefer to be able to buy it digitally of course.

There is literally no reason apart from some kind of personal philosophical one that digital music shouldn't be available, especially if it's already out of print. It's pure profit for the artists and labels, and (contrary to what some elitist attitudes may think) it takes absolutely none of the specialness away from having the vinyl. In turbulent times like these, everybody wins.

There is literally no reason apart from some kind of personal philosophical one that digital music shouldn't be available, especially if it's already out of print. It's pure profit for the artists and labels, and (contrary to what some elitist attitudes may think) it takes absolutely none of the specialness away from having the vinyl. In turbulent times like these, everybody wins.

It's not your music.

It's not your music.

And there's no entitlement at all in my post. I'm talking about the economics of the situation, and one would think that people who care enough about public interest in their work to press hundreds to thousands of copies of it, and who have already opened an account at Bandcamp, would be interested in at least keeping the lights on at their operation.

If it *were* my music, and a label charged with publishing and distributing it decided it was "better" to keep out of stock/out of print/unavailable, I think I'd want to find another label.

This. In general I really can't understand what extra value it adds to a release if it's limited to 20 copies of vinyl/cassette/vintage 8-track/whatever-only without any digital option. Particularly frustrating if we are talking about an artist or label who has an interested followers behind drooling for the new stuff. And like you said, It doesn't feel like something special and cool but quite darn elitist that you limit the chance to hear something to a limited group of people who happen to have required equipment and and to some extent enough dough to acquire a copy. Little hypocritical if those same persons are butt-hurt of pirating and p2p sharing. Little disclaimer: I'm not ranting about Skam with my post. Just something I can't get my head around.

I was under an impression that Skam had an own bleep store which was opened after skam.co.uk came to its end. Thought that everything new and old would end up there.

Forgot as well. And the reason why is simply that all of most of the hard to get stuff is not on there. No mask. No this that by gescom. I want to buy digital copies of the releases i currently only have some scrappy vinyl rip. Thats the limited and vinyl only stuff.. :(

I was under an impression that Skam had an own bleep store which was opened after skam.co.uk came to its end. Thought that everything new and old would end up there.

You're right, totally forgot about this - https://skam.bleepstores.com/

Actually just now registered there, upon purchasing Jega - 1995.

I feel like I should be familiar with half of the artists on Skam by now. Better late then never.

• 2 months later...

Archived