IGNORED

NOWFEEL-Completely Lost

strangerflesh

Got my sisters to do some vocals for this track, wanting some feedback on the arrangement of their vocals before i get down to the nitty gritty. I have more takes I could use ...just wondering if its too much or not enough...anywho..have a listen 

https://soundcloud.com/nowfeel/completly-lost

The vocals remind me of Fine Day by Opus III and Art Of Noise's Moments In Love and this already makes the song good in my book. I do think that the vocals are kind of too loud compared to the rest of the mix and at least in the first half I found it jarring that they faded out too quickly (like the "release" was set on a too short time). So this made it a little harder to listen to, because just as I was concentrating on the drums and other stuff, relatively louder vocals came in blaring and threw me off balance. I would try to start from complete silence, then fade up the vocals until I can hear them nicely and leave it at that.

The vocals remind me of Fine Day by Opus III and Art Of Noise's Moments In Love and this already makes the song good in my book. I do think that the vocals are kind of too loud compared to the rest of the mix and at least in the first half I found it jarring that they faded out too quickly (like the "release" was set on a too short time). So this made it a little harder to listen to, because just as I was concentrating on the drums and other stuff, relatively louder vocals came in blaring and threw me off balance. I would try to start from complete silence, then fade up the vocals until I can hear them nicely and leave it at that.

Thanks for the insight! Vocals are definitely to loud , haven't started the mix down yet. I will have to give a listen to those songs you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback :)

Archived