IGNORED

All About iPhones

jules

So....I ordered a Pixel 2 and signed up for Project Fi (cost effective reasons....financing the phone+Project Fi bill = current cell bill alone). 

cheers I just did the exact same thing for same reason, Fi is so much cheaper than T-Mobile. Replacing my old Nexus 5. I'm pretty excited! It'll be nice to have a phone with enough storage to hold most of my music library. Lack of headphone jack is gonna be weird, but I'm optimistic.

Oh cool, did you get the regular or the XL? You opted for the 128G version I'm guessing if you're talking about storage, I just went cheap and got the smaller one with just 64G and will just keep a few albums/playlists on there at a time most likely. I've still got an iPod Classic so I may keep that instead of selling it like I was planning to...part of that decision will be the quality of audio over the USB-C>dongle>headphone jack. The lack of a headphone jack is going to be very strange, and I almost didn't buy it simply because of that honestly, but it shouldn't be the hugest thing in real usage for me personally. The stereo speakers definitely made up for it in some ways for me.

Yeah I got the regular size 128gb version. I've been holding onto my iPod classic too, had it since 2007 and loved it but this year its age is finally showing, battery won't last long enough to be usable any more. One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade my phone was to replace the iPod so hopefully the dongle connection won't be too annoying. I'm excited to see what else it has to offer too - the camera looks great, and I'm sure it'll be fun playing with all the creepily omniscient machine learning algorithms.

I'm slightly tempted to do the switch to Android phones for my next phone. The only reason I've stayed with iPhones is because when I originally got one, the only other "smartphones" on the market were horrible Symbian phones.. and I'm too cheap to switch and re-purchase all of my apps.

Having said that though, I kinda can't stand any of the iterations of Android that I've played with. Everyone says it can be customised to work the way you want, but I feel like I'm gonna have a hard time switching.

I posed a question to a Verizon employee. I was right about him too. I suggested that iPhones re preferred by lefty dems , and stuff like the samsungs and the rest and more attractive to independents and righty political leanings. The freedom of the other phones. Instead of the eco system of he Mac stuff. The tweak ability of the other brands and OS's. The individualizing is attractive to right leaning political people. Same with Linux users. 

LOL this is satire right?

• 4 weeks later...

tbh it’s pretty fkn good.. played around with one today, feels like a total luxury hi end tech crystal, as it should.

still almost 4 weeks til I get mine.

And no shame tbh.. it’s the first smotphon I’m buying, pretty much waited for one that’s worthy, this one is it.

Read a recent article on the iPhone X's display that states "the display is so well-crafted, it is the best display in a smartphone yet" and that due to the 485ppi pixel density, there is no reason to make higher resolution phone screens beyond the X's display resolution.

I too got to briefly hold and play with one the other day (mine too is about a month away due to our ordering manager's "lack of commitment" in staying up to order right when pre-orders would be available), and I was surprised at how heavy it feels - for comparison, my current phone is an iPhone 6 Plus.

One thing to note about the X - be sure to get it from Apple or Verizon, since apparently the cellular modem that ships when Apple or Verizon provide the phone is the superior Broadcom modem, while everyone else (AT&T, T-Mobile) gets the inferior Intel modem.

Supposedly if you want the better phone on AT&T or T-Mobile, you have to order it directly from Apple, use a valid Verizon phone number to claim it will be used with, and then simply use the actual carrier's SIM when you get it.

It's also Apple's "most breakable iPhone yet", so be sure to invest in a drop-proof case, as screen replacements can reach 400.00USD+:

surprised at how heavy it feels

https://youtu.be/OA1vmN-skXo

But yea! it’s a good weight, just feels fkn solid. 3D Touch is new to me, this feels like it can actually handle a strong press without giving way at all. Holographic diamond..

Edited by Guest

Fair enough if you get it through work but who the fack is dropping a grand of their own money on this? It's nuts

Most people are leasing the phone, so they are spending way more than a grand...

Just found out I am actually getting the 256GB version! Stoked!

dunno yea there’s probably plenty rich assholes who just want to have “portrait selfie mode” and fuckem tbh.

but tbh if you consider this is a device which you carry around with you pretty much all day, everyday, gonna use a lot for lots of things over maybe the next 2-4 years.. why the fak not? rather have a decent pocket computer than one which is 0 fun to use after the first year?

(my personal rationalization is that this is a tool which I use to makes moneys. tho tbh it’s just part of the truth.. the status symbol aspect is definitely real. Like dressing sharp, it absolutely has an impact on people, they will respect you more. It’s dumb but yeah, reality.)

Edited by Guest

the status symbol aspect is definitely real. Like dressing sharp, it absolutely has an impact on people, they will respect you more. It’s dumb but yeah, reality.)

can't tell if serious

MiupJAN.gif

the status symbol aspect is definitely real. Like dressing sharp, it absolutely has an impact on people, they will respect you more. It’s dumb but yeah, reality.)

can't tell if serious

MiupJAN.gif

yeah true i immediately think much less of someone if they have the shiny new dumb apple product within a month of launch