IGNORED

All About iPhones

jules

Its very apparent in Vietnam. I took a trip there recently and if you didn't have a fancy watch and the latest iPhone you were looked down upon.

I was very much looked down upon  :sad:

Edited by acid1

im going back to the SE. the 128 gb model is free w/ upgrade. by far the best designed iphone and its basically a 6s inside a 5 case without the force touch (which i dont give a shit about at all under any circumstances ever) it has a completely unique ability to lie flat on a table. 

im going back to the SE. the 128 gb model is free w/ upgrade. by far the best designed iphone and its basically a 6s inside a 5 case without the force touch (which i dont give a shit about at all under any circumstances ever) it has a completely unique ability to lie flat on a table.

SE is the best, I wish mine wasn't the 16GB one but it was free so no complaints

I didn't realise that was an iphone model, never heard of it. Looks pretty cool.

I've had a bit of spare cash last few months due to change of living arrangements so I sprang for a 2nd hand 64gb iphone6. My last phone I was always juggling music with the 2GB I had spare. I've already put like 15GB in this fucker.

If only there was the technology to move music onto like some sort of small card (it'd have to be a tiny micro-sized one I'd imagine) that you could just slot in the phone and be interchange for a variety of different capacity cards, switchable at a whim. One day.

hows the dac in iphones though? Always sounded kind of crappy compared to my ipod classic (4th gen with the Wolfson chip).

I have to make a choice here soon as my ipod is getting pretty worn. Do I invest in a high quality dap like a fiio or go the micro sd route with a new iPhone or what?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I've read the DAC in newer iPhones is generally very good (for a phone) but I've only used the iPhone 5. It seemed okay, but I was never listening to HQ audio through it so I can't really say.

Speaking of, that form factor of the 4/5/SE (I think they're all the same? nearly identical) is pretty great, but damn are the 4 inch phones so small. I like it for just call/text but trying to read, web surf, watch videos, etc., it was pretty annoying. And I just never liked used iOS on a phone, it always felt like I was using Apple's phone, like I was just borrowing it, ya know? Like it was never "mine." Plus, one of the reasons I like my Pixel 2 is that boxy-ish form factor is relatively similar in shape and feel but obviously bigger. I still prefer the hard edges of the older iPhone though, felt a little more mechanical and utilitarian which is a great impression to me for a daily tool like that. All the rounded edges and curves are nice and comforting and all...I'm just blabbering. Most people put their phones in a case anyway, I guess.

iphone 5 was/still is the best size. it just needs to text, tweet, email and take nice photos *quickly*

i have an ipad for watching simpsons / playing riven / reading kindle / whacking off while im taking a shit or on a plane. 

newest iOS 11.1.1 update is causing noticeable battery life improvements for some, but the opposite for others.  I'm still not ready to give up my 32 bit apps, or my headphone jack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/7c1tpo/ios_1111_battery_lige/

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/7caj3j/discussion_iphone_7_battery_issue_on_ios_1111/

dunno, how long you plan to keep it?

think the SE will feel *really* outdated 2 years from now.. They’ll probably either update its specs or drop it from their lineup next year maybe? it’s got the cpu from 6S innit..

the 8 (and X) should last quite a while, that chip is quite overpowered at present...

• 3 weeks later...

So I do have this now. It’s fucking lush and I am super exhausted from all the sex I’ve had since it arrived this morning.

Also, why is nobody talking about the possibilities of doing funky stuff with the facial expression API this thing has? Animoji blahblah who cares, it gives you 50 parameters about what you’re doing with your face at 60 frames per second - tons of cool things that you could do with that, I know what I’m gonna do. Try and make a face synthesizer / face midi controller

So I do have this now. It’s fucking lush and I am super exhausted from all the sex I’ve had since it arrived this morning.

Also, why is nobody talking about the possibilities of doing funky stuff with the facial expression API this thing has? Animoji blahblah who cares, it gives you 50 parameters about what you’re doing with your face at 60 frames per second - tons of cool things that you could do with that, I know what I’m gonna do. Try and make a face synthesizer / face midi controller

Make it an Air guitar thing, and you will sell fucking millions.