IGNORED

All About iPhones

jules

BJjDuqscf.jpeg

rkeswOqicf.jpeg

there is a situation. Looks like a piece of dust or cum is behind the 2x camera lens of my iPhone X. URRRRRRKKKKK!!! How am I supposed to use this phone now? Not happy with this scenario. It is supposed to be water and dust resistant. If I’m lucky they’ll give me a new one on warranty because it’s probably impossible to remove the dust speck without obliterating the phone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit check out those chem trails

Edited by Guest

update: clicked a few buttons on the internet, and a Apple man will come and pick up the phone and they will FIX IT and then bring it back... sounds good, stay tuned!

BJjDuqscf.jpeg

rkeswOqicf.jpeg

there is a situation. Looks like a piece of dust or cum is behind the 2x camera lens of my iPhone X. URRRRRRKKKKK!!! How am I supposed to use this phone now? Not happy with this scenario. It is supposed to be water and dust resistant. If I’m lucky they’ll give me a new one on warranty because it’s probably impossible to remove the dust speck without obliterating the phone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit check out those chem trails

You are Richard D James and I claim my five pounds!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not RDJ!

update: they swapped the camera module on warranty.

Tbqh the process couldn’t have gone much smoother. Made an appointment, gave them the phone, picked it up a few hours later.

People shit on Apple a lot for being cunts & deliberately bricking ur phone & or whatever bs du jour, but this was not a shit experience at all, just saying.

• 3 months later...

my 3 yr old sony phone is dying and im gonna need a new phone very soon. im thinking about buying an iphone, dont know which one yet, im somehow more inclined towards the 8 plus because im not a fan of faceid; two friends of mine have the x and they say that they miss touchid and the homme button, it worked better for them, something i read very often about on the net and hear in yt reviews too. this would be my first iphone; kind of fed up with android, time to change i guess. i have macbook pro (my third mac) and i always liked the os and after iplayed with brothers iphone 6s i realized how similar the experience is but never took it seriously enough to convert from android, cant explain way not. biggest minus for iphone x is that it's really expensive, too expensive, especially for salaries in my country and i prefer iphone 8 screen. also, new iphones are coming later this year, and according to the rumors they're gonna be x-like, one of the same size, one probably plus size and the third one midle-sized but cheaper. few things that i like about iphone 8 plus: wider screen, longer lasting battery, touch id. if the upcomming phones are goona be the same as the iphone x im sure gonna buy the 8 plus.

so, the plan is either to buy iphone 8 plus right now or to wait for the upcoming phones. what do you think, how sure are those rumors? is there a chance that apple could upgrade the 8 and 8 plus after they announce the new phones? if yes, maybe it be good to wait...

wat waaat?!

they don’t upgrade existing phones - yeh def wait for September and see. Prices for last years models should drop..

IME faceid can be a mixed bag yes, but it’s very noticeably faster and more reliable on iOS 12 (beta), ie they tweaked it so you can have food or loads of cum or whatever in your face while chewing a burger or a dick and it’ll still unlock. It’s superior to Touch ID in certain ways.. not in all situations, but most.. eg wearing gloves or having wet fingers will defeat touch-id.. holding your phone in landscape mode will defeat faceid..

I prefer it to Touch ID in real life.. the thing with faceid is that when it works well, you don’t even notice it and take it for granted. You only notice it when it fails.. whereas touchid is more of an interaction..

I prefer it to Touch ID in real life.. the thing with faceid is that when it works well, you don’t even notice it and take it for granted. You only notice it when it fails.. whereas touchid is more of an interaction..

The only times Face ID has failed me is when I try to look at it from a really odd angle (usually while driving when it's in the cupholder) or oddly enough once when I DIDN'T have my glasses on!

But as mentioned above - wait until October when the new iPhones are announced; all are rumoured to have Face ID, and a cheaper version of the X is also supposed to be the new 'base model' iPhone.

yes, i guess you guys are right... i should wait till september/october to see what they have to offer. right now im reading and watching every possible review about iphone 8 and iphone x techs, drop tests, skins, cases, bumpers, new rumors... but aslo about some androd flagships like the samsung s9 and the usual suspects... my head i about to explode!  :wtf:

general problems that i still have with iphones:

1. price$

2. repair prices

3. no headphone jack

4. (i know it was a major thing but cant remember what)

p.s. in croatia iphone x 64gb costs $1650 tax incl. which is as much as two average monthly net salaries  :catsuicide:  :catghost:

Edited by xox

I got a fairly new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge after my S5 broke, it was 300€ and works really well. Has headphone jack and touch ID and high res screen. Sure, the S8 and the S9 are nicer but S7 is much cheaper and should be good enough for most people, dunno. I probably wouldn't spend 1650$ on a phone. You could buy a new MacBook Pro with that money.

yes, i guess you guys are right... i should wait till september/october to see what they have to offer. right now im reading and watching every possible review about iphone 8 and iphone x techs, drop tests, skins, cases, bumpers, new rumors... but aslo about some androd flagships like the samsung s9 and the usual suspects... my head i about to explode!  :wtf:

1. price$

2. repair prices

3. no headphone jack

p.s. in croatia iphone x 64gb costs $1650 tax incl. which is as much as two average monthly net salaries  :catsuicide:  :catghost:

Bruh that's insane conversion rates, not worth it for an iPhone at all imo. I was gonna suggest getting a second hand older iPhone that has what you want on it, they keep the older ones updated for years, but even a used one at those rates is ridiculous. For many iOS is better and easier and more secure than Android, but fuck it dude lol get you something you can afford, you'll be fine no matter what it's running. 

^ ye that is probably the level headed deece answer.

personally I don’t like the googles so nope, never.

ffiw I’m using the iPhone X heavily (bike courier job), also had it in the desert on acid, other extended outdooring, just generally tons of heavy usage in stressing environments (wet, dusty, hot, cold, ...) taking tons of pics, navigating etc... dropped it a lot as well (with and without case). It’s holding up nicely IRL, they swapped the camera for free when some desert dust got in.. it has scratches in the skin and front glass but tbqh I have no idea how ppl crack their screens....? My friend went through 3 phones since winter (when I got the iPhone) and his latest already is cracked again.. rly dunno lol. but would get an cover-it-all insurance next time myself just in case.

fkn love the camera in this, the screen is top ace, and it’s very quick - u get the same camera with the 8plus I believe, and the same chip.. and the LCD screen is also good, tho the X oled is somewhat nicer still..

1. price$

2. repair prices

3. no headphone jack

Couldn't you purchase an unlocked phone overseas via Ebay or similar? Or is the exchange rate that bad it pushes the price up?

Anybody buying any phone I always recommend getting at least a thin TPU case to protect against scratches and a ballistic glass screen protector - this will avoid most damage short of dropping from great heights.

^ ye that is probably the level headed deece answer.

personally I don’t like the googles so nope, never.

ffiw I’m using the iPhone X heavily (bike courier job), also had it in the desert on acid, other extended outdooring, just generally tons of heavy usage in stressing environments (wet, dusty, hot, cold, ...) taking tons of pics, navigating etc... dropped it a lot as well (with and without case). It’s holding up nicely IRL, they swapped the camera for free when some desert dust got in.. it has scratches in the skin and front glass but tbqh I have no idea how ppl crack their screens....? My friend went through 3 phones since winter (when I got the iPhone) and his latest already is cracked again.. rly dunno lol. but would get an cover-it-all insurance next time myself just in case.

fkn love the camera in this, the screen is top ace, and it’s very quick - u get the same camera with the 8plus I believe, and the same chip.. and the LCD screen is also good, tho the X oled is somewhat nicer still..

The camera in the 8 Plus is different (better actually) but the X's Portrait mode is superb (the overall camera is probably the best I have experienced in any phone).

yes, the prices are huge in my country! 1650 dollars is much over here. when imported from the usa we have to pay around 35% of taxes the other 25-30% is what vendor takes i guess but that'd be too much imo. so im not sure wtf is going on!

anyway, i usually get phones on a 24month subscription. for iphone x 64gb monthly that be $53/€45, for iphone 8 plus $42/€36 + $28/€24 for 20 gb of high-speed internet, flat phone, mobile tv, 1000 sms...

so, in total for iphone x $81/€69 and for iphone 8+ $70/€60 every month for a 2 yr period. this is much imo!

how bad is the situation is other countries?