IGNORED

Biosphere - Shenzhou expanded / Compilation 91-04

purlieu

From the Biophon Facebook page:

Upcoming releases autumn 2017:
BIO29: Biosphere - Shenzhou 2xCD / 3xLP [with the bonus album The Samphire Tower]
BIO25: Biosphere - The Hilvarenbeek Recordings [Expanded version] CD / LP.

Been hoping that the compilation tracks album made it to CD so that's made me happy. Shenzhou is continuing his reissue campaign with a bonus album, so that'll be nice to add to the collection. The Hilvarenbeek Recordings was a series of pieces based on field recordings, an EP of which was unofficially released a few years ago.

No release date yet.

From the Biophon Facebook page:

Upcoming releases autumn 2017:
BIO29: Biosphere - Shenzhou 2xCD / 3xLP [with the bonus album The Samphire Tower]
BIO25: Biosphere - The Hilvarenbeek Recordings [Expanded version] CD / LP.

Been hoping that the compilation tracks album made it to CD so that's made me happy. Shenzhou is continuing his reissue campaign with a bonus album, so that'll be nice to add to the collection. The Hilvarenbeek Recordings was a series of pieces based on field recordings, an EP of which was unofficially released a few years ago.

No release date yet.

2x CD meaning compilations might be expanded?! I'm psyched about the Shenzou reissue as well. I've copped most of the recent biosphere reissues, Cirque pressing in particular was phenomenal!

I think Compilation is longer than a standard CD so it might just be the web version. 

I only ever had Substrata before this series started, although I had them all digitally. Geir is doing such a brilliant job with this series though, every set has been excellent and really great value for money. I'm excited about the prospect of an expanded Dropsonde in the next year or two.

• 1 month later...

Compilation 1991-2004 now available. Limited to 500 2CD sets. 

The Hilvarenbeek Recordings is now due early 2018.

Given that he's doing these two, I wonder if we'll get any of the other minor releases, a la the Insomnia soundtrack or that Sound Installations compilation (possibly with Das Subharchord and others added on). 

I'd love to get a nice 2CD set of The Fires of Ork, too. Given that they've been digitally reissued, and the Namlook/Schulze Dark Side of the Moog albums got CD reissues, I can't imagine it's out of the realms of possibility. 

Compilation CD sold out in three days!

Looks like it will be available from other retailers towards the end of the month though. Luckily. 'Cos I wasn't quick enough.

17 EUR shipping on the Shenzhou vinyl to the UK... ouch! Will wait until Bleep/Boomkat/Norman have it available. It'd be nice to have the Bandcamp lossless DL but it isn't worth that much extra.

A lot of stuff has been sent out already, but he apologised on Facebook today for the fact that some people's haven't been - his local post office ran out of stamps because so many people had been ordering his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived