IGNORED

Burial - Rodent

Culture

lol no I mean the ridiculous vocal sample looped throughout asking "what would I do without you" that I don't care to hear. 

Just tired of the teenage angst vibes via burial, machinedrum, OPN, etc.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol no I mean the ridiculous vocal sample looped throughout asking "what would I do without you" that I don't care to hear. 

i get you , also sick of these angst concept in music

i get you , also sick of these angst concept in music

I know I'm being pretty harsh, apologies if anyone is hurt by me being a bit dickish about it.

This angsty trend though, really got old quickly for me. I really cringe when I hear these pitched up or down vocal samples, very mainstream EDM-y... Maybe that says more about me than the music though?

Really like throwing on some carefree ceephax or paradinas etc these days, good vibe music. 

I cant even be arsed to listen to it if it's just one track. I know I'd never listen to it if I bought it.

Untrue is an ultra ultra classic top 10 album imo. Just give us another album. It doesn't even need to be good. I just want a bunch of new tracks on one disc to get into. I wonder if he's even got another lp in him :( i really hope so.

I cant even be arsed to listen to it if it's just one track. I know I'd never listen to it if I bought it.

Untrue is an ultra ultra classic top 10 album imo. Just give us another album. It doesn't even need to be good. I just want a bunch of new tracks on one disc to get into. I wonder if he's even got another lp in him :( i really hope so.

Bleep claim this is, in their words, "By far the best Burial since Untrue, and we really don't say that lightly..."

Make of that what you will.

Unintelligible as in I am incapable of understanding why someone would use those shitty samples to ruin a track.

It would easily be 5x better if those vocals were not there.

yeah, it's fucking awful. No restraint. I'm really surprised he'd let that sample keep repeating throughout the track. It used to be just ghostly, fragmented voices. 

Now this. Gets tiring very quickly.

Bleep claim this is, in their words, "By far the best Burial since Untrue, and we really don't say that lightly..."

Make of that what you will.

Don't they say that every release though!?

Its alright but not his best (and actualy really like the the remix wasnt expecting 2!)

Agree he needs a longer release soon though. But ive been enjoying my little e.p i put toghther of inner city life and the monic remix.. might tag this on!

Still holding out hope for album or longish e.p by year end

THE REAL QUESTION HERE is whether I am hearing (1) a woman expressing her profound gratitude for the presence of some trusty rodent, or (2) a rodent wooing me, the foolish listener now out £2, through a vocoder

/ :watmm:

You're walking down a dark alleyway on a cold, rainy night. Somewhere off in the distance, a singer croons soulful, evocative lamentations through the ethereal fog which permeates your inner-city existence. Around the corner, you hear the sound of a bullet casing hitting the worn, broken concrete, almost as if it were happening in slow motion. Suddenly the eerily familiar, almost too familiar, clickety-clack of a lightly-syncopated drumbeat descends upon you, punctuating the rise of Mary Anne Hobbes' spectre from a nearby skip. Slowly it dawns on you that there's no way out; you're stuck in every Burial song ever made.

You're walking down a dark alleyway on a cold, rainy night. Somewhere off in the distance, a singer croons soulful, evocative lamentations through the ethereal fog which permeates your inner-city existence. Around the corner, you hear the sound of a bullet casing hitting the worn, broken concrete, almost as if it were happening in slow motion. Suddenly the eerily familiar, almost too familiar, clickety-clack of a lightly-syncopated drumbeat descends upon you, punctuating the rise of Mary Anne Hobbes' spectre from a nearby skip. Slowly it dawns on you that there's no way out; you're stuck in every Burial song ever made.

LOL

A+

After not having released an album in a decade, I wonder is he still living off his earnings from the first two? He doesn't do live gigs. Or working a day job somewhere in anonymity, maybe he works at Hyper Dub?

same with Chris Cunningham and Jai Paul, probly working at a store or studio somewhere, lol

"Those drums that sound like they are bouncing off a GTI's tinted window are in full swing, flashing past like reflecting LED signs from all night takeaways and off licenses that litter the endless, urban streets that first gave us these sounds."

"While a garage bounce is ever present, here it sounds more than ever like a rain soaked USB containing some of EL-B's finest dubs, that has been found in what was a smoking area outside Plastic People (RIP)."

After not having released an album in a decade, I wonder is he still living off his earnings from the first two? He doesn't do live gigs. Or working a day job somewhere in anonymity, maybe he works at Hyper Dub?

same with Chris Cunningham and Jai Paul, probly working at a store or studio somewhere, lol

He must get a decent amount of royalties from Adam Curtis docos alone

Archived