IGNORED

Most Evil Ae Moment?

Sam

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parheric Triangle

I feel like end is this terrifying mutation of 4 more limbs coming out of whatever bizarre organic geometric rock I had been watching rolling around on the horizons of mars.

first time I heard parhelic I thought it sounded like two guys slugging it out with those squelchy punches. Then there's that fly buzzing noise, so it became two weary farmers boxing beside a large silver silo. The bells were Hell's Bells dhaturas, twisting and growing, working their wretched magic on the farmers' minds, slowly being devoured by the quicksands of that purple misted fetid, perpetually rotting and living, confield swamp.

4:34 d-sho qub

oh yeah shit, when those mellotron choirs come in at the end, super menacing

Parheric Triangle

I feel like end is this terrifying mutation of 4 more limbs coming out of whatever bizarre organic geometric rock I had been watching rolling around on the horizons of mars.

it's funny, I don't hear parhelic triangle as very menacing anymore, especially in anticipation of that lovely melody that pokes out near the very end of the track. man, it's been way too long since I last listened to confield, gotta change that

I adore c16 deep tread, still my favourite elseq track, but the kitchen sink percussion enhances this sterile sense of metal and blood interacting, like a Disney character icon by day who medical examines, undertakes or torture lairs by night for kicks. I find the track euphoric and playful, but I'd be apprehensive about gushing over it, less you got the 'bonkers' look. It just sounds up to no good, it sounds like something is helpless or prostrate, like Donald Duck got a little disturbed after some time in the forces, and like a lot of their 2nd tracks it feels vaguely ominous and/or insectoid.

4:34 d-sho qub

oh yeah shit, when those mellotron choirs come in at the end, super menacing

d-sho qub : love this one, it runs through a wide spectrum of emotions: the first part represents perhaps the only and isolated "joyous" side of Ae (maybe with "

" starting). I don't say serene, ecstatic or anything else, I mean just to a carefree sense of joy. Interestingly, then, as the change of a few notes, it pollutes the state of things without, however, guiding us immediately into pitch dark (I am referring to the supporting melody, not to the underlying structure, which has obvious tensions since the beginning). At 2:44 there is the first change of mood, the last two notes make the melody partially foreign. At 3:22 the tone drive in to dramatic aspects, and so on until the melody itself is dismantled. As for the choruses of the finale: if heard with the earphones, they seem to consist of a thick net of flakes, not single voices, but this may be due to swollen psychotrops more than a real fact, so sorry if i'm wrong.

In any case: the use of human choruses is not frequent in Autechre, it would be interesting to make a dedicated post. Onesix has an interesting abundance of choirs, in the first part, that remind me of the maximistic compositions of Giacinto Scelsi, like

Even in the liveset of 2010 (not by chance the oversteps tour) there is apocalyptic use of choirs.

On the Turin date,, I remember one of the darkest passages in Rob und Sean's story, which could earn the absolute primacy of "

"

In any case: the use of human choruses is not frequent in Autechre, it would be interesting to make a dedicated post. Onesix has an interesting abundance of choirs, in the first part, that remind me of the maximistic compositions of Giacinto Scelsi, like

Scelsi is a master of intense choirs i concur, what is maximistic?

Scelsi was one of the greatest Italian composers, here in Italy, however, was completely forgotten.
The incredible coincidence is that, recently, I found out that it was born 12 kilometers from my home (Pitelli, La Spezia). I found it by chance, on the Internet, here in La Spezia, in fact, we did not even dedicate to him the name of a sidewalk or a vespasian.

Anyway, I wrote about "maximistic composition", just to distinguish songs like uaxutum from his minimalistic partiture: it's a term I used with some forcing ...

feed1 must be among the top 5 most evil...

(I just can't get how they will be able to top el seq? But I am confident that they will <3 )

I love how all their releases have been different from the last, I'm not sure if elseq tops everything since say lp5, but it will definitely stand the test of time coz it's well out there hey. Basically I'm confident they will continue to come up with things that exceed my expectations. And yeah feed1 is a great opener to elseq.

Also over the weekend I played tac Lacora to my partners 16 yo sister, coz she was all like - so, like, what do you listen to, like? I said hang on, crancked it up - and the way she jumped off her seat (sitting fairly close to the speakers) was the single most satisfying thing I have experienced in a while. She was so lost for words, you know coz shes 16 and all about the radio top 40 or whatever... tac Lacora sooo

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Scelsi was one of the greatest Italian composers, here in Italy, however, was completely forgotten.
The incredible coincidence is that, recently, I found out that it was born 12 kilometers from my home (Pitelli, La Spezia). I found it by chance, on the Internet, here in La Spezia, in fact, we did not even dedicate to him the name of a sidewalk or a vespasian.

Anyway, I wrote about "maximistic composition", just to distinguish songs like uaxutum from his minimalistic partiture: it's a term I used with some forcing ...

Wouldn't he prefer it that way tho, there was his quote of something to the effect of "burn all scores of my music", it was in the now deleted video of Konx-Om-Pax titled Scelsi: In His Own Words on the New Music channel.

Not sure if all the quotes used were authentic, since very little is verifiable about him. In fact, it was like five sentences stretched for 10 mins (old limit on YT), "my music is not minimalist, not pointellistic etc.", some bad ass koan about a crawling flea? and a story of repeatedly playing one C note on an old piano in the mental hospital.

He made an impression of a real maverick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

feed1

someone messaged in when it got revealed on BBC Radio that it "sounded like a disease", 100% accurate

Ha yeah I remember that ! It's the best description of music i've heard*. Even better if it came from someone who has never heard Autechre before (maybe unlikely). feed1 is almost quintessential Autechre in that every time I hear it it sounds different. It was the realisation they're now doing noise, but whenever it comes on randomly I can't recognize it. My experience of it shifts depending on how my ears are attuned to music in the moment. They have that earlier quote they threw out - 'our music works on different levels'. It does, really.

Always thought Bine was their most evil. Dunno if that's too obvious. I think Osla for n is really outstanding, the transition is immense. I don't know if it's underrated on here cos I don't read the threads, but it's superb, i don't take to a lot of Exai.

*second favourite, though i hate him, was Zane Lowe's description of Venetian Snares; 'he uses music like a weapon'.

Parhelic Triangle still blows my mind. It's so otherworldly.

"sounds like a disease", "uses music like a weapon" - so you'd enjoy being stabbed and getting AIDS in the process i take it? This descriptions is like a kindergarten way of amplifying. There's no insight in them, rather the opposite

"sounds like a disease", "uses music like a weapon" - so you'd enjoy being stabbed and getting AIDS in the process i take it? This descriptions is like a kindergarten way of amplifying. There's no insight in them, rather the opposite

lol what not sure if serious. I can't even begin to reply to this really.

lol what not sure if serious. I can't even begin to reply to this really.

Can't have Ae fandom w/o a dash of autism

Archived