IGNORED

RIP Harry Dean Stanton

Soloman Tump

(deserves his own thread, not just a legendary character from Twin Peaks)

Today I found this out:-

The role of Lloyd the Bartender was originally to have been played by Harry Dean Stanton, who was unable to take the part due to his commitment to Alien.

I mean, I'm glad he was in Alien obviously, but if he had been in The Shining too, damn that would have made a great film even better.

RIP Brett / Carl

When he turns up at the house party with Brian Jonestown Massacre in Dig!, bloke looks like some of my mates. 91! Wow. 

he was also at a house party in the documentary about the making of The Boondock Saints (which is great btw, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390336/).

actually, I may be conflating the two movies.

Harry deserved more than the facepalm crew mourning him. Hopefully on page 2 we'll see some credible people paying their respects.

Hopefully by page 2 Cunt you'll be kidnapped, raped up your arsehole, your eyeballs plucked out, your head cut off and your skull made into a soup bowl.

And your lifeless headless corpse thrown into a shallow grave for foxes and crows to pick to the bones.

are we naming our favorite harry dean stanton movies

No. No, we're not. There is a time and place to showcase your abstractness for the minions and but to try and sieze that opportunity now is in very bad taste.

Harry deserved more than the facepalm crew mourning him. Hopefully on page 2 we'll see some credible people paying their respects.

Hopefully by page 2 Cunt you'll be kidnapped, raped up your arsehole, your eyeballs plucked out, your head cut off and your skull made into a soup bowl.

And your lifeless headless corpse thrown into a shallow grave for foxes and crows to pick to the bones.

That's going in my next birthday card. Cheers!

are we naming our favorite harry dean stanton movies

No. No, we're not. There is a time and place to showcase your abstractness for the minions and but to try and sieze that opportunity now is in very bad taste.

i'm sorry. i didn't mean that way. 

I really, really need to see Paris, Texas. It's much like Twin Peaks in the sense that I knew I would like it beforehand and have had it on a bucket list for a long time. 

Still seen plenty of classics with this late great man though, even if they were minor roles - Cool Hand Luke, Red Dawn, Fear & Loathing, Alien, Escape From New York, etc. Besides Twin Peaks he had many other tv roles including in Big Love.

Archived