Sign in to follow this  
Mesh Gear Fox

Legowelt - Legendary Freaks In The Trash Of Time

there doesn't seem to be a thread about this yet?

preview sounds great! gotta wait to 30th oct to cop it though.

Edited by Mesh Gear Fox

Couldn't be happier about this, it sounds great! He's released a lot of wonderful things subsequently but I've been awaiting a proper successor to CC2080.

Wonder what happened to the Satomi Taniyama release that was supposed to be in the pipeline awhile back...

Yeah another release like his other semi-recent Clone and Crème albums was probably overdue.

Somehow I can't seem to get very excited about this right now but fuck me it really does sound great. I must be too into Amateur Space Jazz or something; will be getting this one anyway for when the mood strikes.

Edited by manmower

This sounds a little looser than I expected from him, and a little less catchy on first preview (obviously it's just clips) but I'm sure I'll end up picking it up eventually. Legowelt is always good.

P.S. CAMPAIGN FOR LEGOWELT SUBFORUM REMINDER HERE

Still sounds very much like (his idea of) a more straightforward house/techno release to me, just with the occult references replaced by the sitting in the attic inhaling synthesizer fumes and dreaming up fake genres vibe of the Nightwind stuff. 

rQPfpKY.jpg?1

This is out tomorrow. 

I really want to pick this up but last time I looked the shipping was out of control.  I just can't afford $35+ to ship a $15 record right now.

EDIT: looks like some US shops have it for preorder now, $5 shipping on a $25-$30 record is a bit more attainable, but it's still hard to jusitfy spending that on a record when I could be putting it toward music expenses, especially since I've gone from having no live projects to having three separate live projects in the works and for better or worse, playing out comes with some costs, if only for better cases and spare cables and the occasional restaurant meal if you're playing out of town (although two of these things will be mostly local-and-recording things because of everybody's schedules and the third one is the most streamlined).

Edited by RSP

Good timing, I'm already more excited for this than when it was first announced.

Oooh, does the track title "Axumisia V S612" mean Danny got a Akai S612?  That sounds great, I love the sound of those things (one of the best things I've ever found in the trash, to this day) and I'd love to hear what he did with one.

Immensely looking forward to this although I think nothing will ever compare to the otherworldly beauty of 'Swansong of the Skunkape'.

Swansong of the Skunkape is fantastic but Pacific Northwest Sasquatch Research and The Cambridge Library Murders are still probably my favorites if I had to choose.  Especially Pacific Northwest Sasquatch Research, that was the one that really made me  a full on Legowelt fan.

Even though it's not a Legowelt album.

Swansong of the Skunkape is fantastic but Pacific Northwest Sasquatch Research and The Cambridge Library Murders are still probably my favorites if I had to choose.  Especially Pacific Northwest Sasquatch Research, that was the one that really made me  a full on Legowelt fan.

Even though it's not a Legowelt album.

Haven't heard that so I'm on it right now.

Does anyone know if/where I can buy this DIGITALLY today? Have looked around on the usual stores without any luck...

Was just thinking the same thing...

Does anyone know if/where I can buy this DIGITALLY today? Have looked around on the usual stores without any luck...

Was just thinking the same thing...

I also wondered this. I think I'll try and contact the artist. I am sure it was meant to be today - I even had an iCal event set so I must have got that date from somewhere.

Update***

Just spoke via Twitter. Official release is this Friday. Downloads will probably be next week.

Seems to be a thing labels like clone are pushing. I buy more than my fair share of lp's, but only getting the digital if you buy the vinyl is irritating (e.g. Encrypted Mind, Simulation etc.)

edit: awright!

Edited by kites

they should probably make that more clear grr...

they should probably make that more clear grr...

This. If they want to parcel out their content in strange and unintuitive ways, at least be clear about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Couldn't resist it.  I got a bunch of extra hours this week anyhow.

EDIT: for me, worse than only getting the digital release with an LP is getting a physical release that doesn't include the digital release (I'm looking at you, Swan Song of the Skunk Ape cassette).

Edited by RSP

the teac life will always be my fav but of course always ready for this

It looks like this release as been all fucked up now. Most retailers I looked at don't even have the vinyl and the digitals are nowhere to be found.

yeah what the heck. i've been trying to find the digitals with no luck. weird that they would drop the ball like this. 

relax already

Update***

Just spoke via Twitter. Official release is this Friday. Downloads will probably be next week.

looks like it got bumped.

pZCo0yTk_t.png