IGNORED

Bibio - Phantom Brickworks

fumi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ordered this (IV & V) from Bibio's bleepstore with tracked shipping, may be worth checking to see if you have a tracking number. I emailed them to ask and they said it was shipped without it and refunded me the shipping price. 

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find a Silver Wilkinson thread to bump, so figured i'd post some general love here.  Ive been listening to a LOT of bibio lately, especially that album.  Its been absolutely magical in the changing weather - its not such an extreme change here in mexico but there are yellow leaves on the ground..

Would anyone like to disagree with me that A Tout A L'huere is the best pop song he's ever written?  Its been out 5 years ago now and its effect on me is no less potent.  I feel this will be an ageless great track.

But the connections across all his discography are pretty amazing, with Phantom brickworks hinting back as his original tape loop creations while looking forward at the same time.

Anyway, some bibio love here innit

Would anyone like to disagree with me that A Tout A L'huere is the best pop song he's ever written?  Its been out 5 years ago now and its effect on me is no less potent.  I feel this will be an ageless great track.

I played that song so damn much my girlfriend at the time started giving me dirty looks whenever I put it on. Great tune!

I played that song so damn much my girlfriend at the time started giving me dirty looks whenever I put it on. Great tune!

Fuck bitches; play bibio. 

If you ordered this (IV & V) from Bibio's bleepstore with tracked shipping, may be worth checking to see if you have a tracking number. I emailed them to ask and they said it was shipped without it and refunded me the shipping price. 

Classic Blerp.

• 2 months later...

I dont want to make a new thread, because we have no information/title on a new album yet.  But theres a single!  Im sure a few of you heard it, thoughts?

"“Like with many of my songs and instrumental pieces, this song started out with a guitar riff. It then took on a melodic theme played on mandolin and violin, both being instruments I started playing in 2018. Lyrically, the song is inspired by a collection of separate memories, observations and fantasies, seemingly unrelated but tied together by a theme of admiration of those small things in life.”

Personally i love the guitar melody, but the mandolin is a bit much.  The track also ends rather abruptly!  But in the context of an album I will probably love it, I find even his most cheesy tracks I tend to enjoy in the album context.  But the guitar melody here is fantastic, if it had a simple presentation a-la wren tails it would be a new favorite for sure.

Archived