3. No Body
4. Mirror of Finite Light
5. Be God
6. The Cyclic End
7. Pre Self
8. Mortality Sorrow
9. In Your Shadow
10. The Infinite End

apparently will be less metal and more industrial/post-punk.

• 2 weeks later...

apparently will be less metal and more industrial/post-punk.

Nice, I'm down with that.

I was talking with a friend the other day about how badass an official compilation of his remixes would be.... like a 26 mixes for cash type thing, but preferably more than 26 even. He's done a fuckton of remixes and they're all gold.

did you hear the Godflesh/Khost EP? it's basically all Khost remixes and one new Khost track. I suspect Post-Self will be in their vein, actually, since they were quite different from usual Godflesh material and not strictly metal.

^thanks, was about to ask if there was any previews available since couldn't find any. Was little skeptic about this but really liked the tune, guitar wise sounds more like the old days. I hated that low tuned messy guitar sound on WLOBF. Actually earlier stuff sounded way more heavier without the extra string. And great riffs are part of the appeal for me. Dunno why but that track somehow reminds me of Songs Of Love And Hate. Or maybe rather Us & Them.

Sorry if jazz, but Crumbling Flesh forum found these short samples:

(Aah shit, my link keeps redirecting me to vigLink shit although can follow the original link by just clicking "continue to amazon.de". If you don't want to follow my link just head to this thread and scroll down and there's the original link. It did let me straight through)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B075RC8BTW

• 2 weeks later...

A World lit Only By Fire was good, but also sounded like more of the same mid-paced Earache era stuff, and made me not so interested in hearing anything else. Having heard some of the songs, this one sounds fucked up and totally different. It's Godflesh, but they've taken a step towards something stranger.

More of this please, Justin!

A World lit Only By Fire was good, but also sounded like more of the same mid-paced Earache era stuff, and made me not so interested in hearing anything else. Having heard some of the songs, this one sounds fucked up and totally different. It's Godflesh, but they've taken a step towards something stranger.

More of this please, Justin!

Yes, they killed it with this one, I think. Very strange and cathartic record. Not super into old Godflesh so I'm not sure where that leaves me but I don't care, this one is good. 

• 4 weeks later...

This took a listen or two to really kick in but it's a pretty great album. Best since Songs of love and hate imo. Strong Killing Joke vibes too, ain't no bad thing.

Archived