IGNORED

I Care Because You Do - Hidden Messages

Guest dsm1

This thread was too far ahead of its time to gained any traction in 2005, but 2019 knows what's up.

I always heard "I want sex" instead of "come on you slags" until someone else pointed out the track title (they were pointing it out to someone else on here who heard the same thing as me).  If someone were to loop that sample for 5 min and put it into a youtube vid, we could have another viral Laurel/Yanni phenomena, except more impressive since it involves two complete phrases of differing syllable lengths.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/23/2019 at 1:20 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

This thread was too far ahead of its time to gained any traction in 2005, but 2019 knows what's up.

I always heard "I want sex" instead of "come on you slags" until someone else pointed out the track title (they were pointing it out to someone else on here who heard the same thing as me).  If someone were to loop that sample for 5 min and put it into a youtube vid, we could have another viral Laurel/Yanni phenomena, except more impressive since it involves two complete phrases of differing syllable lengths.

Whoa, I always heard it as "I want sex" too but now I went and listened for "come on you slags" and I can totally hear that as well.

• 3 months later...

what do you think it could mean? Possible connection to the corona virus? so many interesting questions 

In-Store Ambients: a promo with tracks from ICBYD and 'Spanners' by The Black Dog

1. Aphex Twin - Acrid Avid Jamshred (7:38)
2. Aphex Twin - The Waxen Pith (4:49)
3. Aphex Twin - Wax The Nip (4:18)
4. Aphex Twin - Icct Hedral (6:07)
5. Aphex Twin - Mookid (3:51)
6. Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsam (5:13)
7. The Black Dog - Raxmus (3:03)
8. The Black Dog - Bolt 1 (0:27)
9. The Black Dog - Nommo (6:52)
10. The Black Dog - Bolt 5 (0:22)
11. The Black Dog - Pot Noodle (7:13)
12. The Black Dog - Bolt 6 (0:42)
13. The Black Dog - End Of Time (3:43)
14. The Black Dog - Chesh (6:02)

if you were to choose six tracks to represent ICBYD, what would you choose? which other album would you pair it with?

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

In-Store Ambients: a promo with tracks from ICBYD and 'Spanners' by The Black Dog

1. Aphex Twin - Acrid Avid Jamshred (7:38)
2. Aphex Twin - The Waxen Pith (4:49)
3. Aphex Twin - Wax The Nip (4:18)
4. Aphex Twin - Icct Hedral (6:07)
5. Aphex Twin - Mookid (3:51)
6. Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsam (5:13)
7. The Black Dog - Raxmus (3:03)
8. The Black Dog - Bolt 1 (0:27)
9. The Black Dog - Nommo (6:52)
10. The Black Dog - Bolt 5 (0:22)
11. The Black Dog - Pot Noodle (7:13)
12. The Black Dog - Bolt 6 (0:42)
13. The Black Dog - End Of Time (3:43)
14. The Black Dog - Chesh (6:02)

if you were to choose six tracks to represent ICBYD, what would you choose? which other album would you pair it with?

In pine effect seems a logical candidate

On 3/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, diatoms said:

Interesting that out of all the tracks added to this release, only two were mastered by Beau Thomas...

On 11/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, amnesia said:

If you listen to the album out of phase. The last track, Cow Cud Is A Twin, you can hear the Apple Mac Voices saying "Aphex Twin and I Care Because you Do"

to my ears it's saying "hahaha el oh el autechre rules"

8 hours ago, auxien said:
  On 3/8/2020 at 5:01 AM, hijexx said:

The avatars met irl

icbcmd.jpg

:cisfor::rdjgrin:                                                                                        roomforonemore:) :aphexsign:

Archived