IGNORED

Leyland Kirby - We, so tired of all the darkness in our lives

Ifeelspace

Oops, hit post before pasting the title in the topic header.  Could a kindly mod please add

We, so tired of all the darkness in our lives

Thanks

Noice!  We have an unexpected Leyland Kirby release, available for free :)

https://leylandkirby.bandcamp.com/album/we-so-tired-of-all-the-darkness-in-our-lives

"28th of September, 2017.
-----------------------
These days it feels like it's at an all time low for positive outcomes.

The music here is free for you to download or to pay for. It's your call. It's not free because I place no value on this work. It's free because I mean it.

It shows a slightly different side and production value to previously released works. These are the tracks I've personally revisited most in the past four or five years. They have all helped me out. I'd like to think you don't see this as throwaway work. It's been collated carefully.

Production wise I think it's more in focus and it gives some indications to early influences. It goes somewhere, it goes nowhere, there are drawn out synths, drums, piano and drift. It's about the fact that not everything need be angry, distorted or bombastic to show defiance. It's every bar stool I've sat on and am yet to sit on. It's me throwing myself down stairs again and again because I'm as sick of things as you are.

If it's not released now then this work just sits on a drive for even longer gathering digital dust which I feel is a shame. Maybe you will find some solace in the sounds if your mood is right or you need them. Maybe one track hits home, maybe more do. Hopefully it can help here and there.

I still greatly believe in the value of music and of true independent music. This is in spite of the constant devaluing of music by big business and streaming services. I'm not creating work to help push cans of energy drink or to look for cheap clicks on playlists or to get involved in scenes.

The bottom line here is if you have no coin right now then this one is on me with pleasure. If you can support the work then this is great too. It's always a lot of hard work and a dream.

I've been hard at it lately with The Caretaker work so now I afford myself a night out finally sinking the odd whisky or two down at my favourite Krakow bar, Propaganda. It's been a good while since the last time.

I'll raise the whisky glass in there for us all. You know the score.

JLK xx
  "

Something to whet our appetites for stage 3

From the description, I am stoked to hear this, especially referencing "early influences" (Up-Link Data Transmitions is a classic IDM album for me. I always wonder about what more of that style would sound like)

By the way, is this not the same album art as We Drink to Forget the Coming Storm?

In hearing a gathering of not-quite cohesive tracks like this, you realise how much effort go into his other releases. No accident that they flow from track 1 to the end so well.

Really good, though!

In hearing a gathering of not-quite cohesive tracks like this, you realise how much effort go into his other releases. No accident that they flow from track 1 to the end so well.

Really good, though!

I think it sounds really cohesive and didnt you read the album blurb? sounds like he put just as much effort (or maybe even more) into this than other releases. Tbf think Mr Kirby is the kinda guy that puts his heart and soul into whatever he does..

For me this is shaping up to be one of my favorite things he has done

Archived