IGNORED

The Bro

TheBro

Pretty cool jam. I like the beat, nice and pumping. The hats and clap sound nice. I can't say I like the sound of the bassline; the melody is good but I'd switch it for another bass sound. The strings or pad are too low in the mix and I'd make them a few notes higher but honestly I'd switch it for some nicer sounding synth strings though.

Overall nice percussion that drives the track forward. It's short, I think maybe make it longer and find a nice lead synth with a catchy melody?

Good advise mate. Most of which I agree with. Just wish I could make my basslines more funky. I'll do a version 2 and try and repost it. Basslines and leads I struggle with. Beats and chords I think are my stronger points. Thanks for listening.

The way the first piano chord resolves on the third chord in the sequence is nice. I am a little bored by 4 to the floor kick-snare at this tempo usually but it works well here. After the beat drops out that lead synth sounds a little off time in a few spots (the 'duh duh-duh-DUH' one). I would play with that solo some more and really go a little more crazy with it. Bring out the Slaz, n play it by hand if you can with no snapping to a grid!

Agreed mate. The lead synth was a little out of time as I played it in live and recorded it using Steinberg Nanologue. Yeah I'll try and go a bit more crazy and add more slaz as per your suggestion lol. :-)

I don't know what is going on. The link is active but when I cut and paste it doesn't work. Very frustrating!!

If you click Listen on Soundcloud beneath the embedded player that works.

V4 of this track. Mastered using the Audio Mastering app so not sure how this is gonna sound.

Listen to The Bro - Take me there (4th demo) [Master 1] by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any fully complete tracks uploaded as opposed to 'demos'. Just curious about how your process resolves itself post-demo phase.

edit: or perhaps 'demo' means something different in the way you are applying it here (?)

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

Do you have any fully complete tracks uploaded as opposed to 'demos'. Just curious about how your process resolves itself post-demo phase.

edit: or perhaps 'demo' means something different in the way you are applying it here (?)

Hello mate yeah I've got a load of complete tunes on my Soundcloud. I guess I just get excited by the initial idea and want to post it. This is one I will be working on so there will be subsequent versions. Thanks.