IGNORED

Autechre - JNSN CODE GL16 / spl47 (Limited 12" Vinyl)

Touched Music

(side a) 6852 and (side b) jnsn code would be a better match, imo

....or imagine, 180 grams of:

A1 spl47

A2 ts1a

B1 6852

B2 jnsn code gl16

(tested, it works perfectly!)

I'm pretty sure if 2 tracks weigh 180 grams, 4 tracks would weigh like way more than that!

:dadjoke:

But really I've said it a dozen times but I wish AE would do more singles/EPs. I want to hear ALL THE AE just like the next fanboy but also I want really well-crafted succinct collections of a few choice tunes. They're great at that format imo.

edit: page break fix

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know. logic says 360 grams but... vinyl record can't weigh more than 180 gram cause it's also a measure in degrees; that's why you just have to flip it once to hear a complete record. if it'd weigh 360 grams you'd flip it twice every time, so you'd enter into a loop forever listening to the same record... and it wouldn't play spiral cause it would needed to weigh 359.99inf grams and that's just impossible. and b/c it's either 180 or 360, only 180 makes sense. i remember reading about it one old interview with d.lynch... crazy shit! 

absolutely no chance i’m playing this before I do the proper measurements and experiments. you wanna tell me this is 180g vinyl? well, we shall see what my scientific devices report on this particular property. you say this disc is black in color? hmm, my full negative spectrum analyzer ought to clear that up i should think.

this music is stupid and lame and of low quality. i do not like the “techer brothers” bc it is cold and autistic, it fills my mind’s eye with dystopian imaginings, and there is no emotion. furthermore it is random. completely and entirely generated by software called “macs.”

I hear they get their beats from a special source

i’m afraid you are mistaken, it is the boards brothers who have a special source and it provides nostalgic pads, *not* beats.

i believe the Drums of Sean and Rob are sourced from the Roland r8 set to: Roll: 1/64 notes

It's a 140g release (I've released enough vinyl to know the difference) and yes, I was bored enough to weigh it on digital scales.

Not a big deal, though. 180g makes zero difference to audio quality. It just bends less.

Edit: Also, worth pointing out that 180g vinyl is actually pressed on 175g vinyl, at least at MPO where I press my stuff. These pressing plants are stealing our vinyl, gram by gram #vinylgate

Weighed it properly, it is 180g

It's a 140g release (I've released enough vinyl to know the difference)

OMG 40g of analogue vinals null disparity. Sam and Ron Tekker plz!

Did everyone here get his confirmation email about this release's shipment ? My internet connection was shit when I ordered the vinyl so I'm just hoping everything went fine and it's just delayed because I live in France :/

Did everyone here get his confirmation email about this release's shipment ? My internet connection was shit when I ordered the vinyl so I'm just hoping everything went fine and it's just delayed because I live in France :/

Yup.  From Bandcamp.

When did you order? I got confirmation within 2-3 days and the record arrived about a week later.

I ordered it like the day it's been announced...

PayPal took my payment and the release appears in my bandcamp collection but I never received an email from bandcamp or touched :(

When did you order? I got confirmation within 2-3 days and the record arrived about a week later.

PayPal took my payment and the release appears in my bandcamp collection but I never received an email from bandcamp or touched :(

got mine last saturday and I live in france...

got mine last saturday and I live in france...

Jee I'm gutted.

Archived