IGNORED

JNSN CODE GL16 / spl47 VINYL

kieselguhr kid

Weren't these both available before, on one of those touched comps?

I'm not sure. I think I might have seen them on one of those compilations though, you know...

Maybe the Touched ones?

I listened to them both, but I'm a shit reviewer. So it's best everyone listen for themselves and make their own assessment.

But yeah. I liked it. About the kind of sound I'd expect from Ae. Hoping this is an appetizer for something coming in 2018. Seems like Ae bother very little with pre-release announcements anymore though. Hell, who knows if they're even still signed to Warp. I've always admired how unpredictable they are.

then there's the JNSN CODE GL16 / spl47 remaster, which really rejuvenated it for me. basically all the aspects of the mastering that irked me about the original were fixed and new aspects and levels of detail came to light

Yeah def, it really rejuvenated it for me. basically all the aspects of the mastering that irked me about the original were fixed and new aspects and levels of detail came to light. been getting blown away. lately, which is cool because i thought i had already realized that. it's kind of like they're new songs, because i wasn't that into the old versions. the new mastering of spl47 seems to have fixed something being off about those sounds at the beginning, which always put me off, and the vocoder parts have a nice new psychedelic lush detail, unless i'm imagining things. and bear in mind, when i mention these perceived limitations of the original, that that release floored me and i considered it musically historic.