IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - World Building

Extralife

did anywhere ever surface with cheaper shipping?

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/rolando-simmons-world-building/681317-01/

Thank you so much for posting this. This is one of my most listened to albums of 2018 and what really steered me hardcore back onto electronic music last year. Been looking for a place to pick up the CD cheaper than on Bandcamp. Was about to break down and buy off Bandcamp, but decided to check here first. Vinyl through Juno worked out cheaper than CD through Bandcamp. Can't wait to spin this one!

• 5 months later...

I’m having so much fun right now.

Next 2 EPs (out early 2019) are in a utilitarian style because we were fixing up a house in the boons this summer so I had only pocket gear with me. I’ve only recently begun work with the studio setup that’s been waiting for me since early june and there are 2 additional EP:s and 2 albums in the works. It’s intoxicating to have everything at the fingertips again!

This one took its time growing on me but it's sticking now, probably more than anything else from 2017. Excellent work, and thanks for the nice posts in this thread, burglar!

Thanks! I’m very intrigued when people say that about this album. I have a little theory that you can somewhat control the ”metabolism” of a track/album in its composition.

Each of the tracks on world building were laid out like really long rudimentary shapes, almost like ambient pieces at first. I wanted to approach detail work differently so I did many versions of each track, went back and deleted everything that sounded awkward or derivative to me, and started again until I had tracks filled with details that are not immediately obvious, and sections of instruments completely taken away. I know I’ll rediscover things in there listening back when I’m old.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Went on a vacation this past summer that I can look back on fondly. It wasn’t difficult at all to find a song that fit the vibe of the overall experience. 

p.s. Rolando shared A small clip of some new music on his IG stories. It sounded pretty gangster.

• Like 1