IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - World Building

Extralife

My vinyl came in and the spine is all roughed up

same here. if it isn't sealed, why risk shipping the records inside the jacket?

bandcamp lacks an order message option where you can make a request like this. anyhow, i'm glad to have this in my hands.

bandcamp lacks an order message option where you can make a request like this. anyhow, i'm glad to have this in my hands.

I wonder if we can get just a replacement sleeve? 

I wonder if we can get just a replacement sleeve? 

i recall shipping on this being pretty steep. sending out replacement jackets (if there are any) is kinda costly for the label.

I wonder if we can get a replacement steve  *jokes*

Massive congrats on turning the musicianship into a fulltime career Burglar - most definitely deserved.  Looking forward to whatever's coming next

Edited by Ifeelspace

I wonder if we can get a replacement steve *jokes*

I overhear my wife asking the cats this all the time

:catsuicide::catcry:

me too.

and we dont have any cats.

Edited by jules

Mine arrived sans roughage, Norman shipped the records outside  the jacket.

Yeah I love this too!

It's got proper Syro vibes to me.

Syro vibes? I love both, Syro a bit more, but I feel they sound very different. Which tracks on here remind you of Syro? I'm not asking in a dickheaded way either, I'm genuinely curious.

• 5 weeks later...

Burglar, if you see this, is this just a coincidence or is there some weird shit going down in your magick cirkle?

1hqech.png

you must admit the evidence is pretty damning

Burglar, if you see this, is this just a coincidence or is there some weird shit going down in your magick cirkle?

1hqech.png

you must admit the evidence is pretty damning

Pure coincidence :) Nice jammy stuff, was not aware of it/the artist until now.

Controversial comment : World Building mix is better than Syro but sound design and song writing better on Syro

burglar rn

2mw8roj.png

but nah, I agree with you. Still think they are very different albums and World Building is an original work, not at all sounding like people that ape Richard's style, so a comparison doesn't mean much. Both great albums with SYRO being a bit more of a masterclass. It would be really fucking hard to top a Wizard's "comeback" album. Here's my controversial opinion though, World Building is a better debut album than SAW 85-92 was. 

*logs off WATMM. Locks all doors. Turns off the lights*

Controversial comment : World Building mix is better than Syro but sound design and song writing better on Syro

burglar rn

2mw8roj.png

but nah, I agree with you. Still think they are very different albums and World Building is an original work, not at all sounding like people that ape Richard's style, so a comparison doesn't mean much. Both great albums with SYRO being a bit more of a masterclass. It would be really fucking hard to top a Wizard's "comeback" album. Here's my controversial opinion though, World Building is a better debut album than SAW 85-92 was.

*logs off WATMM. Locks all doors. Turns off the lights*

Close but no cigar.

Nowhere near as impactful, influential, etc. as that album was obviously given the time when it came out. Fuck it though, give me the choice between listening to either one and it's World Building 9 times out of 10

• 1 month later...