IGNORED

Spotify Artist Pages

lyst

Pretty fuckin' weak but honestly it gives me motivation.  Funny seeing all these lofi hiphop clone guys i'm friends with on facebook with millions of listens.  Show off fucks haha.

AVjNAZy.png

How did you guys do?

(just log into your Spotify artist page and in the banner you can grab this too)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the good thing about Distrokid is having up to 2 different names, so I've taken the opportunity to get an alias to put out all the more housey stuff I've had laying around not knowing what to do with.

Here's the profile, will have a couple more releases up in the next few months: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3KDVrSy9RTOymrytpEpVXt?si=0jdyvtpVROiBS9_2rcHVuQ

Really wish I'd got into this earlier, really helps bring to an end the EP's I've had but not really done much with.

• 3 weeks later...

the good thing about Distrokid is having up to 2 different names, so I've taken the opportunity to get an alias to put out all the more housey stuff I've had laying around not knowing what to do with.

Here's the profile, will have a couple more releases up in the next few months: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3KDVrSy9RTOymrytpEpVXt?si=0jdyvtpVROiBS9_2rcHVuQ

Really wish I'd got into this earlier, really helps bring to an end the EP's I've had but not really done much with.

Lovin the stuff man.  Jamming to Worthier 2 right now.

I've been interested in making some more housey tunes myself, but I cannot pre-decide what I make when I sit down.  Whatever comes out comes out.

• 1 month later...

Messing around with some Spotify Pre-save options for my next single that's coming out in a week.

Not sure if it will do anything but hey what fuck why not try it out.  I see Bibio doing similar shit for his new album.  But then again he's having warp records pay for social media promotion of the shit heh.

Here- https://ffm.to/solenne

• 2 weeks later...

I just started putting up stuff from one of my aliases here.

For now it's just commission work but I'll put up some personal works at some point.

Listened to this last night while doing the dishes/cleaning the kitchen (don't know why I mention that, not really pertinent). AnyWAy this stuff is ace - would encourage anyone who wants to give this a listen to do it on good headphones or a system, as it's quite lush/very well produced. 

What was this commissioned for? It feels vaguely cinematic but could also see it working well w/ multimedia installations n whatnot

Thanks man, glad the production sounds good to you as they were mostly made in a rush. 
This stuff is for presentations, short films etc. Mostly fashion industry stuff.

p.s. I find it almost physically impossible to do domestic tasks without music playing.

Thanks man, glad the production sounds good to you as they were mostly made in a rush. 

This stuff is for presentations, short films etc. Mostly fashion industry stuff.

p.s. I find it almost physically impossible to do domestic tasks without music playing.

If this is the case, then I absolutely cannot wait to hear some stuff that is more "personal" n such  :flower:

Fashion industry eh? I'll have to put that in my head next time I listen to it. Fascinating. . . 

Re:domestic tasks - my wife has this longstanding battle with me re: listening to music while doing household tasks, as she says it's a way of distracting oneself from being present with the task at hand. And I half agree but also sometimes I'm like wtf I just worked a 10hr day can I least have my 15 mins of Aphex while scrubbing these forks ffs? 

For now it's just commission work but I'll put up some personal works at some point.

Listened to this last night while doing the dishes/cleaning the kitchen (don't know why I mention that, not really pertinent). AnyWAy this stuff is ace - would encourage anyone who wants to give this a listen to do it on good headphones or a system, as it's quite lush/very well produced.

What was this commissioned for? It feels vaguely cinematic but could also see it working well w/ multimedia installations n whatnot

I really like the artist name. Music is great as well

If this is the case, then I absolutely cannot wait to hear some stuff that is more "personal" n such  :flower:

Fashion industry eh? I'll have to put that in my head next time I listen to it. Fascinating. . . 

Re:domestic tasks - my wife has this longstanding battle with me re: listening to music while doing household tasks, as she says it's a way of distracting oneself from being present with the task at hand. And I half agree but also sometimes I'm like wtf I just worked a 10hr day can I least have my 15 mins of Aphex while scrubbing these forks ffs? 

Music isn't distracting! It's enhancing.

I'll throw this playlist on while doing any tasks.  I do prefer the chiller stuff though when doing household work.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4gGocs1pjDDMkOKEFqEqld

Well the good thing about deadlines is that they force your hand and things have a cut off point even if it means you don't get to refine everything you want to.

With personal stuff I usually get bored before finishing and start something else or endlessly mess around with it (every time you go back to a project you're a slightly different person) but I'm going to whack up a bunch of old stuff that I know I won't be going back to.

I hope your wife likes science because: music improves efficiency in completing repetitive tasks, increases speed and accuracy while decreasing stress in surgeons and making music while performing physical labour makes it easier. ;)

I really like the artist name. Music is great as well

Thanks for the nice words. 

I'll throw this playlist on while doing any tasks.  I do prefer the chiller stuff though when doing household work.

Cheers! This looks good - I could see this being a nice "clean the house" sorta playlist. . . 

Know we're verging off topic but this https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4NpYOAP8pHeey2EtpwvYtB  is my current "doing dishes" playlist. Trigger warning (for some) there is a lot of really terrible pop music on here. I mean, str8 up pop garbage but it's stuff that gets me moving so sry not sry

Well the good thing about deadlines is that they force your hand and things have a cut off point even if it means you don't get to refine everything you want to.

With personal stuff I usually get bored before finishing and start something else or endlessly mess around with it (every time you go back to a project you're a slightly different person) but I'm going to whack up a bunch of old stuff that I know I won't be going back to.

I hope your wife likes science because: music improves efficiency in completing repetitive tasks, increases speed and accuracy while decreasing stress in surgeons and making music while performing physical labour makes it easier. ;)

Ha! I will put these in the back pocket, ta!

Cheers! This looks good - I could see this being a nice "clean the house" sorta playlist. . . 

Know we're verging off topic but this https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4NpYOAP8pHeey2EtpwvYtB  is my current "doing dishes" playlist. Trigger warning (for some) there is a lot of really terrible pop music on here. I mean, str8 up pop garbage but it's stuff that gets me moving so sry not sry

Oh man..... Clark Body Riddle with Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sum 41.  Kill me now hahahah.

Archived