IGNORED

Pye Corner Audio - Island of Ghosts EP [AF010]

Ifeelspace

Wow.  Love how they are mixing in relatively established talents (Pye Corner, B12, Kettel, Wisp, D'Arcangelo etc) with some new blood (Guavid, Brainwaltzera, Shinra, Voiceless artists).  Love this label.

What release would people say was PCA's recent best? I really love his stuff and by rights, I should like most of his output but it generally seems to meld together a bit 'much' if that makes any sense?

When did PCA go all braindance-y? I've got one or two of his earlier things and he's got beats in there but they're generally pretty low key.

I hear more electro than braindance in that sample, looking forward the Morphology remix too.

When did PCA go all braindance-y? I've got one or two of his earlier things and he's got beats in there but they're generally pretty low key.

I hear more electro than braindance in that sample, looking forward the Morphology remix too.

I get what he's saying though, more modern, less rooted in the vintage hauntology influenced sound.

favourite label atm 

Same!

Great label and I love PCA stuff but that track is is just boring and generic. Hopefully the rest is better.

Agreed this doesn't surpass some of the other more recent releases.

Love the artwork again, all their b&w cover work is spot on.

Same.  From artwork to content, they're intriguingly heavily curated.

What release would people say was PCA's recent best? I really love his stuff and by rights, I should like most of his output but it generally seems to meld together a bit 'much' if that makes any sense?

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=78945638 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=4233704359]

• 2 weeks later...

That track is sort of really aimed at the Analogical Force crowd. Lots of acid touches. But I don't like it at all. it's not PCA, in my opinion. If I heard this track as a blind listen, I could never tell it was Martin.

That track is sort of really aimed at the Analogical Force crowd. 

AF is clearly a stem-to-stern heavily curated label.  I'm confident that AF makes sure that each of the tracks fit their aesthetic.

Archived