IGNORED

Burial - Pre Dawn / Indoors

brisk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anything other than a load of crackle at this point would be welcome.

'fraid not. The samples sound like someone's mastered mid-90s Underworld through their grandmother's gramophone:

https://bleep.com/release/90434-burial-pre-dawn-indoors

pre dawn is a great tune. very pleasantly surprised to see him go full warehouse techno.

that random skull kid sample though. he really loves majoras mask it seems.

Bit unprecedented to have three (!) burial releases in one year, not to mention a couple remixes to boot!. Annoyed that I blew my money for Rodent, thinking that it would be the only decent burial output this year, but from what I've heard, indoors sounds really nice.

Wait, this is pretty different and more interesting than the other things he's done recently. But...why the crackles? Absolutely do not fit the songs, and seems just pointlessly gimmicky now: we get it, it's meant to sound like vinyl, cool. I wonder if he just has no idea how to get rid of them, i.e. broken wires in his set up?

Wait, this is pretty different and more interesting than the other things he's done recently. But...why the crackles? Absolutely do not fit the songs, and seems just pointlessly gimmicky now: we get it, it's meant to sound like vinyl, cool. I wonder if he just has no idea how to get rid of them, i.e. broken wires in his set up?

because its his trademark and btw this discussion leeds to nowhere

anything other than a load of crackle at this point would be welcome.

'fraid not. The samples sound like someone's mastered mid-90s Underworld through their grandmother's gramophone:https://bleep.com/release/90434-burial-pre-dawn-indoors
That sums it up nicely.

Not sure about Burial going for dancefloor bangers. Although on second thought, the combination could be interesting. These clips haven't convinced me yet, though.

I enjoy the irony of music with added crackles being released on vinyl.

The vinyl version should be released crackle-free and ship with a small pouch of dust collected from Burial's windowsills and doorframes for listeners to sprinkle on according to taste.

Kind of like the musical equivalent of

Smiths-SNS.jpg

I enjoy the irony of music with added crackles being released on vinyl.

The vinyl version should be released crackle-free and ship with a small pouch of dust collected from Burial's windowsills and doorframes for listeners to sprinkle on according to taste.

Kind of like the musical equivalent of

Smiths-SNS.jpg

lol

Maybe he's releasing shitty stuff just to lower expectations so he can release an album without so much expectation-inflating hype around it. Like if the Avalanches released a dozen underwhelming 12"s in the span of 3 years before dropping that new album they did. Maybe. Probably not. 

I'm so over it. The crackles are absolutely louder than the drums.

Last couple years I have just been feeling like Burial is massively insecure about having world-wide attention, famous albums, fans, and all that goes with that package. Feels like this vein has dried up, and instead of trying different styles (like they had done, i.e. Kindred ep) they are sticking inside the Burial box and making what is safe/expected, then covering up their decisions with that same cheesy vinyl crackle so that no one can critisize what they actually put down for the composition, the drums, and other elements. There's nothing bold. It's like a turtle pulling its head into its shell. The vinyl crackle used to be an accent, not used CONSTANTLY or on every track; Burial tracks were raw and exposed, now its like there's a wall of noise between us and anything they write.

Archived