IGNORED

rraAste - anti-pattern ep

zkom

I collected a bunch of tracks I've done in the past two years into an ep. They all have a pretty similar production methodology and created a cohesive collection.

All tracks include a large number of random elements, hence "anti-pattern".. Found sounds and samples, combined with digital and analog synthesis. Heavily Skam Records inspired.

Available from bandcamp for free: https://rraaste.bandcamp.com/album/anti-pattern-ep

All money paid will be used on beer.

a0558892695_10.jpg

Some nice tunes in here, definitely enjoyed the slower aggressive moods on many of the tracks. Could definitely hear the 'randomness' throughout, sort of kept it all moving and a touch unpredictable while still staying locked in. Like the art too :)

What sort of software/hardware were you using for it?

Thanks, man!  :beer:

Most work was done in Renoise which acted as a sequencer/DAW/sampler. The synths are mostly from my Doepfer modular system and drums from VXXY DCM8 chiptune drum machine bringing the crunchiness. A bit of MFB-522 and Korg Monotron Delay IIRC. Some VSTs and Renoise instruments to top it off.

Nice.  Tamed the randomness well - about the right amount of chaos for me.  Liking the last two tracks the most (both got a nice Team Doyobi-style vibe).  Definitively going to check out your other stuff.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a big Team Doyobi fan. Nice that someone caught  that. :)

Coworker said that she thought there was some error message window over the cover art. :D I love that interpretation.

Archived