IGNORED

does anyone else own a prophet 08?

pcock

is anyone who owns a prophet 08 able to help me? ive picked mine up after 4 years of barely touching it. it has the issue that some of them have with the broken encoders, annoying but usable. however, i am experiencing one issue which google is not helping on.

when i put it in gated sequencer mode, then click edit sequence, PARAM2 changes the destination fine, but i cannot for the life of me get the SEQ1 to go from OFF to any other setting. i know my PARAM 1 knob works because it works fine on program mode, but im tearing my hair out at this. is that how it works? how do you turn a sequence on? when i choose a preset, they come with come sequences on or off, but i have no idea how to edit it, or if its a problem related to the broken encoder issue of the early models. 

the manual is useless. 

Guest Chesney

Didn't they have a whole issue with early versions with faulty encoders and the fact that a synth like that does not suit encoders. They changed them for pots after a certain number. I think I can remember them doing a kit to swap them or they were fixing them for people.

Email DSI.

Sorry, this won't be much of a help, but I was visiting a friend yesterday who has bought the Rev2 - this is his third one because they've all been extremely buggy and unreliable. The new one he got is a 16 voice Rev2. When he plays the same note 16 times in a row, the last 4 times the note will sound different - almost as if someone low passed the sound a bit and turned down the envelope. It's especially noticeable when he plays lower tones. Some guy called Andrew from Dave Smith support told him, "no one's going to notice", which is the most arrogant thing to say, since it's so blatantly obvious that something is wrong with either their software or hardware. Plus, in my case it would be fairly normal to have a pulsating bassline playing the same note over and over and over.

In short, these machines sound buggy as hell and Dave Smith's support is pure ass.

I actually tried assigning some effects to an LFO yesterday while messing around with his Rev2 and the knob you would expect to turn up the amount of LFO was not the right knob. So... have you tried going through each knob systematically to see if any of those will change the SEQ1 to on?

Archived