IGNORED

MGMT - Little Dark Age

Joyrex

MGMT have abandoned their hippy-chic aesthetic for a wannabe-Cure inspired look and sound for their new song, "Little Dark Age":

It's not a bad song per se (certainly better than their recent output - I never liked Congratulations or MGMT), but the levels of cringe in that video if it's not a pisstake...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

congratulations will be looked back on as a classic record. this song blows.

I hated Congratulations... Oracular Spectacular is their only decent album so far to me.

I really like the title track. Probably my favorite song this year.

^pussy!

First album is amazing, just perfect pop songs...I was cautious about the following ones at first, but came to really love those too...new songs sounds great, cannot wait for the new album, very talented dudes, great songrwiters

^ very excited. Little Dark Age was stuck in my head for about two weeks when i first heard it, like My Halloween Theme 2017

Also this entire thread seems to entirely neglect their self-titled a couple years ago??? Which is without a doubt their best whole LP. A palatable attack on their past work. Introspection? Your Life Is A Lie? Alien Days? Mystery Disease sounds like an actual plague, its lovely

new to me...

Climbing to New Lows is a demo album by the American rock band The Management (now known as MGMT) that inadvertently became their first full release. Climbing to New Lows was intended to be only a demo album that was leaked on the Internet in 2005.%5B1%5D

• 2 months later...

album is decent but congrats is their peak. didn’t realize when you die is an Ariel pink song, explains a lot.

really?

Archived