IGNORED

Sophie "It's Okay To Cry"

BoomTssPhace

Faceshopping is good. but she sucks as a producer, everything sounds shallow and thin, like she got good energy while making it and than to make it accessible just high-passed everything and slapped boring reverb on top. i wish somebody good helped her out after songwriting stage.

Find your local audiologist.

Agreed with Ivan that this is too short. Usually I’m a fan of concise statements/keeping it to 40ish minutes but this leaves me wishing she’d done the 90s electronica thing of going right up to the 1hr 20min limit of a CD.

Faceshopping is good. but she sucks as a producer, everything sounds shallow and thin, like she got good energy while making it and than to make it accessible just high-passed everything and slapped boring reverb on top. i wish somebody good helped her out after songwriting stage.

damn man what speakers are you listening through

ponyboy is like, "alright, sound design is done for 2018 nothing more to see here people", the complete opposite to "shallow and thin" imo

I have a pretty good headphones. Maybe sharp and narrow if not shallow and thin? Looks like I`m the only one who thinks this, good for her.

its also hypocritical when others are making the weirdest memes of artists on these forum and its fun and ok but commenting on a "transgender" creates immediate outrage.

big difference there m8

calling a trans woman "a guy in womens clothes" is pretty shit, I wouldn't consider it to be a "meme" by any stretch of the imagination

the whole point is that sophie isn't a guy. so then saying that sophie is a guy who looks funny or a guy in women's clothes is insulting. that's all. 

anyway the music is fine. saying you like autechre is weak tho. if you make electronic music then it should be a given that ae are extremely deece and that you like them

ok i will keep this in mind didnt even know what a trans woman is but  sorry again and thanks for the explanation.

Edited by Kavinsky

Yikes. I come into this thread to read about the album, and... the Kavinsky posts are pretty rough. I understand ignorance is a thing, and I dont know where you live to have "not heard of" trans people, but just FYI since you are finding this stuff out now:

"transgender = guy in a dress" is reaaally offensive and dehumanizing... please educate yourself.

Here are some handy resources:

https://transequality.org/issues/resources/frequently-asked-questions-about-transgender-people

http://mywhyisus.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Vocabulary-My-Why-Is-Us.pdf

https://www.glaad.org/transgender/allies

Edited by ganus

what the fuck is up with all these gay and transsexual people skullfucking me with the most awesome electronic music lately

i mean listen to arca, yves tumor or sophie, they are on top of the game right now

and i can't stop playing this album, the over the top cheese parts hurt but in a sweet good ol caveman black metal noise way (not in a babylon way, sorry opn) but i want mooore, pliss sophie drop another ep this year

Is kavinsky real or just some troll dupe? I have a really hard time believing a real human being who feeds themselves, dresses themselves and ties their shoelaces every day can be this level of dumb. 

I'm not even joking anymore.

Guest Ovitus

what the fuck is up with all these gay and transsexual people skullfucking me with the most awesome electronic music lately

i mean listen to arca, yves tumor or sophie, they are on top of the game right now

and i can't stop playing this album, the over the top cheese parts hurt but in a sweet good ol caveman black metal noise way (not in a babylon way, sorry opn) but i want mooore, pliss sophie drop another ep this year

Went to a Arca concert. It was one of the best live show I've had the pleasure of witnessing. I think at one point he was on stilts with a whip, serenading us with the most beautiful yowls I've heard from a human. Only thing I would have done without was the fisting video he played near the end. But I guess that was his way of desensitizing the crowd? He finished with a guitar..  show was weird, crazy, awesome.

Will delve into Yves Tumor next.

Edited by Ovitus

Went to a Arca concert. It was one of the best live show I've had the pleasure of witnessing. I think at one point he was on stilts with a whip, serenading us with the most beautiful yowls I've heard from a human. Only thing I would have done without was the fisting video he played near the end. But I guess that was his way of desensitizing the crowd? He finished with a guitar..  show was weird, crazy, awesome.

Will delve into Yves Tumor next.

Caught Yves Tumor at Primavera. Abrasive AF – 40% white noise over multiple Bower Wilkins speakers.

Enjoyed looking at all the confused faces tho.

Arca at Primavera was super eclectic and somewhat random. Enjoyed the banter altho it was mostly in Spanish.

Good vibes. But wouldve loved to see the fisting lol

Edited by snawclaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think "immaterial" is the only song I sorta like on the album. because it sounds a bit more like bipp, but shittier. "Infatuation" is decent but it could be a Mssingno track and bang harder. If this album would've come out in 2013 it would've made a lot more sense. After 5 years of 'experimental club' this whole hyperactive rnb aesthetic is just tiring to me. It is a music scene made up entirely of graphic design students. The autechre comparisons are fine because some of this sounds like Draft 7.30, but with purposeless pop vocals peppered in everywhere. A lot of it basically sounds like sophie is just trying to recreate the song "toxic" by Britney Spears over and over again.

Also the mastering is really gross and sounds like shit.

Edited by Salvatorin