IGNORED

Sophie "It's Okay To Cry"

BoomTssPhace

New release and video from Sophie. It's really intimate in just about every sense of the word

Tbh i played it like five times in a row on first listen. Is this considered pc music? Also Sophie is officially a lady now so good for her

Not really into this as much as her other stuff but it sure is catchy. Good on her for coming out so spectacularly though. Looking forward to more amazing monomachine productions.

Not really into this as much as her other stuff but it sure is catchy. Good on her for coming out so spectacularly though. Looking forward to more amazing monomachine productions.

Yes, all this.

I'm gonna try to step as carefully as possible around these landmines. A good friend of mine is very masculine and jacked. He prefers to date trans women--almost exclusively these days. He claims that even though they are biologically male, you get a femininity that is simply not available in modern women. They do all his domestic stuff and "take care" of him like wives of yore.

This is fascinating. I'm sure he's not the only one.

Sophie's style has been pretty hyper-feminine from the start though, it's all part of the style imo.. I don't think it's really a case of trying to overcompensate or anything. 

Video is pretty silly, but there's nothing wrong with being ultra-feminine. It's all part of the gender spectrum. There are definitely ultra-feminine cis ladies as well. As long as all trans* people aren't expected to be ultra-feminine or ultra-masculine. I get where XXX is coming from with the compensation, because there are ridiculous expectations from both cis folks and some (mostly older) people in the trans community for trans* people to "pass" as cis, and a lot of trans* people can get to have insecurities about what is expected from them to be a "real man" or a "real woman". Also xxx your friend sounds kinda transphobic. Yes you can fuck trans* people and still be transphobic. Folks that seek out trans* people to hook up with or date need to be respectful and woke about trans* issues, and what you describe sounds possibly like he's taking advantage.

P.s. I never got ultra-feminine or ultra girly from Anohni... She has a huge, dramatic stage personality and always has, but I have seen interviews where she is presenting female/post-coming-out, and she just looks & talks like a person... no glossy makeup or ultra girly clothes or affectation.

Edited by ganus