IGNORED

Sophie "It's Okay To Cry"

BoomTssPhace

I am aware that calling you sir is an inaccurate terminology. but the statement lacks 'oomph' any other way.

Perhaps i should let you know that i am just bustin' yer gonads. I am "queer" and I suppose I should adopt a friendly demeanor but it is all too freeing to be a dick on watmm after all the site has been thru. cheers.

I dunno that it's pedantic. I know it's not cool to be serious on WATMM except when bitching about how X artist/scene is ruining IDM, but I genuinely feel like this shit is important. My name on here is fucking Ganus and I have a dog avatar, I only take myself so seriously, but c'mon... you and I have both been on this forum a long time, and I dig your music, I just want to have a genuine dialog with my peers.

they all fucking suck at what i feel is the most important part of being a musician: actually being able to make good music or actually knowing anything about electronic music.

So which one is it?
latter is essential for the former Edited by dr lopez

I am aware that calling you sir is an inaccurate terminology. but the statement lacks 'oomph' any other way.

Perhaps i should let you know that i am just bustin' yer gonads. I am "queer" and I suppose I should adopt a friendly demeanor but it is all too freeing to be a dick on watmm after all the site has been thru. cheers.

I dunno that it's pedantic. I know it's not cool to be serious on WATMM except when bitching about how X artist/scene is ruining IDM, but I genuinely feel like this shit is important. My name on here is fucking Ganus and I have a dog avatar, I only take myself so seriously, but c'mon... you and I have both been on this forum a long time, and I dig your music, I just want to have a genuine dialog with my peers.

i like you, Ganus. you have made some killer tracks over the years. i just kind of love /hate/hate watmm.

Who gives a dick if you are queer, straight, bi, dolphin, or hermit crab. If you make great music you make great music. If not, go fuck yourself.

Knowing about electronic music also means shiite. Innovaters don't prescribe to genres and music norms.

I'm gonna try to step as carefully as possible around these landmines. A good friend of mine is very masculine and jacked. He prefers to date trans women--almost exclusively these days. He claims that even though they are biologically male, you get a femininity that is simply not available in modern women. They do all his domestic stuff and "take care" of him like wives of yore.

I've noticed with Anohni and now Sophie apparently is that their performances are so over-the-top that they verge on feminine parody or satire even though I'm pretty sure they're 100% earnest. It's the musical equivalent of those trans girls doing the Susie Homemaker routine for my friend. Anyway, hope she still throws out some of those acute kung fu beats now and again.

this kind of feminin women you will find a lot in countries like poland, romania, ukraine, russia for example

Edited by Kavinsky

they all fucking suck at what i feel is the most important part of being a musician: actually being able to make good music or actually knowing anything about electronic music.

So which one is it?
latter is essential for the former

Why is dr lopez so angry?

So which one is it?

latter is essential for the former

Hmmm... I don't think that's true at all but it's a respectable opinion

This thread...I am confuse

Anyway, I miss 2014 Sophie. Strictly musically speaking, not regarding her personal life decision.

Seems like Machine Drum went this route too. Starting his career off more IDM-like but then taking more pop route later down the road. Blech.

This thread...I am confuse

Anyway, I miss 2014 Sophie. Strictly musically speaking, not regarding her personal life decision.

Seems like Machine Drum went this route too. Starting his career off more IDM-like but then taking more pop route later down the road. Blech.

It's one track. I think this is quite a personal song that she needed to put out. I too wish for more hypercolour post-trap, but it's unfair to say she's no good now from just one song.

a little anyway, it's still bland as fuck compared to her older stuff.

Edited by Gocab

come to think of it, the gender options in the personal settings...just noticed all the "new" options. please don't tell me they've been there since 2013 as well

Did she make more tracks like that older one? I can't really find other stuff like it. Only the really PC music sounding stuff, of which there are a few good ones tho

Edited by Berk