IGNORED

Sophie "It's Okay To Cry"

BoomTssPhace

yeah we're saying nothing of her looks, her identity, sexual or otherwise. this song seems like a personal track, a cathartic statement about herself. that's fantastic. it is bad music.

I gotcha, I was specifically addressing xxx's post, which was not just about the music.

how could you. how could you do this to this family

This is what happens when crusted IDMers try to keep up. I'm quietly heading to cis

timeout and deleting my PC tunes because it's over.

lol

Could someone recommend some good artists in the queer community? This is awful.

dumb question. probably lots of musicians you listen to are queer but it's hardly the first thing yoi check...
True but also it can be relevant to understanding an artist's background. It's a huge life event to come out to your family, friends, co-workers, etc. And it's a huge part of every day life when you are not in-line with the default gender and sexuality of society. It's also an amazing experience to discover what it's like to be comfortable with yourself after growing up and coming of age in the closet.

Anyway.

Natasha Kmeto is great.

My album doesnt have lyrics, but it has a track about not fitting in with boys or girls & living as an outsider, and a track about transition & what that was for me while I was (still am) going through it. /end self-promotion

Edit: Btw I really don't want to be preachy, I am just a nerd for queerness. If you are not interested you don't gotta read it.

Edited by ganus

Could someone recommend some good artists in the queer community? This is awful.

dumb question. probably lots of musicians you listen to are queer but it's hardly the first thing yoi check...
True but also it can be relevant to understanding an artist's background. It's a huge life event to come out to your family, friends, co-workers, etc. And it's a huge part of every day life when you are not in-line with the default gender and sexuality of society. It's also an amazing experience to discover what it's like to be comfortable with yourself after growing up and coming of age in the closet.

Anyway.

Natasha Kmeto is great.

My album doesnt have lyrics, but it has a track about not fitting in with boys or girls & living as an outsider, and a track about transition & what that was for me while I was (still am) going through it. /end self-promotion

Edit: Btw I really don't want to be preachy, I am just a nerd for queerness. If you are not interested you don't gotta read it.

you sir,

are a pedant.

Edited by Salvatorin

I am aware that calling you sir is an inaccurate terminology. but the statement lacks 'oomph' any other way.

Perhaps i should let you know that i am just bustin' yer gonads. I am "queer" and I suppose I should adopt a friendly demeanor but it is all too freeing to be a dick on watmm after all the site has been thru. cheers.

Edited by Salvatorin

lilium kobayashi / lily / ultrademon 

as i said before octo octa's album this year was really really good

jlin obviously

i know lots of queer / trans / etc "artists" from college but they all fucking suck at what i feel is the most important part of being a musician: actually being able to make good music or actually knowing anything about electronic music. They all talk like "yeahhhh haha im so down with this dirty baltimore sound" but seem completely clueless about any important / good artists thru history. It's just contemporary shitty "dance" DJs they care about it. There is this one girl I know who calls herself FXWRK and makes footwork i suppose but knew not one chicago artist, from planet mu or otherwise, save rashad when chatted with her. in some respects I'm envious of the brazen confidence to set up a soundcloud and just throw up some shitty tracks without knowing anything but i also think it's just insane naïveté and narcissism brought on by the hellscape of social media. w/e this is not really an issue with them being queer at all, that's just another arrow in their hipster quiver.

Edited by dr lopez