IGNORED

Burial's Untrue is the most important electronic album of the century

zaphod

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ marmighty Burial is so overrated, tracks are the audio equivalent of Derek Zoolander's cache of various different looks.  Take one female r'n'b lament, run it through a few London-alleyway-at-3-am filters, add a few bullet casings hitting the concrete, then top the whole thing off with a weaksauce reduction of chavstep-infused clicketyclack.wav.

Also the level of fanboiism - on par if not greater than RDJ, Boc, OPN - upsets my delicate consitiution

+1, agree that's pretty much the Burial MO.

Incredibly boring music. I'd almost rather turn the radio on.

Christ marmighty Burial is so overrated, tracks are the audio equivalent of Derek Zoolander's cache of various different looks. Take one female r'n'b lament, run it through a few London-alleyway-at-3-am filters, add a few bullet casings hitting the concrete, then top the whole thing off with a weaksauce reduction of chavstep-infused clicketyclack.wav.

Also the level of fanboiism - on par if not greater than RDJ, Boc, OPN - upsets my delicate consitiution

powerful sermon str8 from The Bucket, RI

Christ marmighty Burial is so overrated, tracks are the audio equivalent of Derek Zoolander's cache of various different looks. Take one female r'n'b lament, run it through a few London-alleyway-at-3-am filters, add a few bullet casings hitting the concrete, then top the whole thing off with a weaksauce reduction of chavstep-infused clicketyclack.wav.

Go Plastic, take one funkbreak.wav, chop it up so it sounds like a man carrying a drumkit falling down some stairs, add some vocals and sirens recorded off pirate radio, speed up 150% and add bursts of noise so no-one can dj it.

Go Plastic, take one funkbreak.wav, chop it up so it sounds like a man carrying a drumkit falling down some stairs, add some vocals and sirens recorded off pirate radio, speed up 150% and add bursts of noise so no-one can dj it.

get a thousand monkeys.. put them in front of a thousand modulars.... _______________ (insert artist name)

Christ marmighty Burial is so overrated, tracks are the audio equivalent of Derek Zoolander's cache of various different looks.  Take one female r'n'b lament, run it through a few London-alleyway-at-3-am filters, add a few bullet casings hitting the concrete, then top the whole thing off with a weaksauce reduction of chavstep-infused clicketyclack.wav.

yeah Stephen you live in some Canadian wilderness, with moose, deer, beavers and badass bears living in your back garden and bearded blokes in dungarees with chainsaws hiding in your treehouse

I'd imagine (and if I can, I'm pretty sure a man of your fine intellect can) say Burials music resonates on a hugely different wavelength if you live within the M25 or a urban environment of similar ilk

yes?

yeah Stephen you live in some Canadian wilderness, with moose, deer, beavers and badass bears living in your back garden and bearded blokes in dungarees with chainsaws hiding in your treehouse

I'd imagine (and if I can, I'm pretty sure a man of your fine intellect can) say Burials music resonates on a hugely different wavelength if you live within the M25 or a urban environment of similar ilk

yes?

I live here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgary

only 1.4M people but hardly the wilderness =P

I think it would resonate more with me if I was a angsty teenager. 

i think music journos do that thing where they come up w/an exercise to use words because they want to sink their teeth into something and think real hard about it. it's a muse. an excuse.. not that the thing they're writing about isn't important or good or whatever but since they aren't writing novels they need to do something w/their skills and part of that i think comes from genuine need to write and also publish or perish and a seed of something that makes them want to share in the greatness of the thing they are writing about.

writing about writing would be the same thing i think.  

i enjoy when a writers tells me why an album is important to him personally and what it meant personally and frames it up their life and time period of its relief etc.. that kind of thing can be really good.. 

edit:  Calgary!  i'd love to go there and skate the canals/rivers.  looks fun. i like canada though only been to BC and whitehorse, yukon. 

Presumably (maybe) he's referring to the 'most important electronic album' since 2000

I assumed that's what it meant and it's STILL an absurd claim...

imo untrue is a great and very much important album and i reeeeally love it veeeery much, but THE MOST IMPORTANT album of the century?! well, not to me nor do i think it objectively is in any sense

autechre - confield, draft, untilted, quaristice, untilted, oversteps, el-seq

squarepusher - go plastic

aphex - drukqs

vhs head - trademark ribbons of gold

pole - r

plaid - double figure, spokes

murcof - martes, cosmos

mark fell - ten types of elsewhere

snd - atavism

mika vainio - time examined

tim hecker ‎– radio amor

tetsu inoue - inland

takagi masakatsu ‎- pia

susumu yokota ‎- sakura

fennesz – endless summer

yagya - rigning

actress - ghettoville

secede ‎- tryshasla

ochre - lemodie

pomassl - spare parts

Can't think of many better electronic albums this century tbf.

here are an easy 4:

drukqs

geogaddi

confield

go plastic

lol, thought they were all made at the end of the 90's...  :emb:

Haha yeah I keep forgetting those are all this half of the millennia line!  Well then yeah -drukqs, confield and go plastic are easily the most important for me (I prefer most of the Ae albums to come after, but Confield was the real gamechanger).  That actually puts the article in a whole new category of bullshit.

Basically music critics are a massive bunch of cunts and it's not a real job and they should fuck off?

Do I need to bring up my schoolmate who is a music 'critic' for the daily telegraph and writes articles about how blink 182 are better than the beatles again?

Archived