IGNORED

if u think plateau by the orb is one of the best works of electronic music in history come in this thread and say aye

dr lopez

Just realised I have the original 15:49 version from 1993 - Plateau (of Normality) on the Serious Road Trip comp. Not quite as lush as the album mix but I’ll take any version I can find

• 1 year later...

Orblivion might still be bottom bitch, tho TBH Airbus Terrarium is one slick thice o' side piece

:catsalute:  

Do you guys even keep current w/ teh Orbs?  TBH I dont rly, usually just sit 'n spin their great run of albums thru the 90s.  Some of their newer stuff I'll check out if it appears that peeps here and elsewhere are feeling it - got turned on to the excellent Okie Dokie and Baghdad Batteries this way.  Otherwise aye cannae be arsed to check out collabs with Lee Perry and Dave Gilmour (sadly not together), which seem like totally indulgent wank even with Thom Fehl at the controls.  It all just seems like cashing in on faded glory at this point.

Actually been getting into Orbus Terrarum a lot the last few months, due to Dr Lopez threads.

I’m not really a fan of their other albums at all so I never bothered with OT. But OT is a different beast entirely. It really is a special album.

Edited by beerwolf

Actually been getting into Orbus Terrarum a lot the last few months, due to Dr Lopez threads.

I’m not really a fan of their other albums at all so I never bothered with OT. But OT is a different beast entirely. It really is a special album.

If you like OT check out FFWD also and possibly Pomme Fritz, which is like OT but the craziness turned up to 11.