IGNORED

if u think plateau by the orb is one of the best works of electronic music in history come in this thread and say aye

dr lopez

But is it important? I don't want to hear music that isn't important.

important

aye

I have no recollection of posting this or what could have possibly inspired it. But Orbvs Terrarvm is wicked advanced for 1995 and next level.

• 7 months later...

Aye. 

A few months ago I found an old supposedly limited edition version of orbus terrarum on vinyl with extended tracks, even just the occasional extra minute here and there made it feel like I was listening to the entire album for the first time again ❤️

Live 93 and Orbus Terrarum are on another level from anything.  Kris Weston is a true god of audio.  

There are some parts of Orbus which do not sound like they were made by a human.  The floating transitions and the mother fucking sublime HUGENESS of it all, is bewilderingly stunning.  Fuck me, I am honestly tearing up a bit here, thinking about it.

Edited by LemanRuss

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, dr lopez said:

should orb be getting more stick for just stealing the tape-beatles hard work for all their live shows and other samples? seems like open theft... 

anyway aye

I remember first listening to those Tape Beatles albums in the early 00s and thinking “holy shit - that’s like half the samples on Orbus”. 

Considering they were rip-off artists themselves, it doesn’t phase me too much. Plus all the musical parts of Orbus aside from Alex’s piano (ha) are other producers.

Speaking of Tape Beatles, anyone familiar with People Like Us? To me, she is way better at the postmodern cut and paste stuff.

The Mirror is an incredible album/sound collage.

https://peoplelikeus-vickibennett.bandcamp.com/album/the-mirror

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

U.F.Orb >>> Orbus Terranum

But... aye.

I might agree if not for Close Encounters and Majestic, which have not aged well imo.

To me, Orbus front to back is a timeless classic. Opinions, eh?

• Like 1